Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-09-25 14:43:33

zero
Website

[contrib] TXPQ is back

I mentioned it a month ago but with only one comment it’s possible most people missed it, so here it is again perhaps in a more appropriate forum.

I wasn’t sure which way the TXPQ ‘Places’ section would go then but after Change The Truth appeared in the Let’s See Yours forum, I realised that the focus of TXPQ Places should be primarily the content of TXP-powered websites. There are going to be many superbly-designed web sites that are ‘fully buzzword compliant’ (great phrase Kevin:) and the Textpattern Featured Sites will show off the cream of the crop. Lets See Yours also discusses design, plugins, clever technical tricks etc, so there’s plenty of opportunity for people to discover and promote well-designed TXP-powered sites.

I think featuring TXP-powered sites with interesting, important or inspiring content would be a great focus for TXPQ. There could be arguments for and against all kinds of content meeting this criteria but as TXPQ isn’t really a site by the community, I’ll decide. Nobody showed an interest or offered to take over TXPQ during the last 3 years, and only Bloke contributed as an author previously, so I’ve stopped hoping it will be a true community site but it is there for the community’s pleasure if you want it. Authors and contributions are always welcome of course, but I relaunched TXPQ fully expecting and prepared to be the only author. Having said that, the interviews (now in the People section) are the most interesting part of the site and, of course, they could not have been done without the co-operation of some of the ‘stars’ of the Textpattern CMS community. The People section is, therefore, all co-authored and I am very grateful to all people who responded.

I’ve featured Change The Truth on TXPQ because it is a heartfelt project that I believe deserves all the help it can get. It is also inspiring and humbling so it will do us all good to explore it. It is a refreshing change from the many commercial, technical or personal sites that feature in Lets See Yours, in my humble opinion. Enjoy TXPQ.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#2 2011-09-25 16:22:24

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: [contrib] TXPQ is back

Hey Peter. Good to see you back on the job. Change the truth is a worthy site to feature.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2011-09-25 19:37:55

els

Hi Peter, good to see you are back, and reviving TXPQ :) And I appreciate your decision to focus on content for the featured sites!

#4 2011-09-26 17:03:26

zero
Website

Thanks, Els and Yiannis, for the encouragement.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#5 2011-09-26 21:32:39

uli

Peter, glad you re-started TXPQ. I always liked reading about txp’ple and the view on plugins through different eyes. Hope to see that continued, as well :)

zero wrote:

Nobody showed an interest or offered to take over TXPQ during the last 3 years

Wasn’t there this guy from Azerbaijan, with a Simpsons avatar? At least here in the forum he told he’d like to climb behind the wheel. (Or was it TXP Mag, uh-oh?)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#6 2011-09-26 23:08:31

zero
Website

Thanks Uli, occasional articles about plugins, people, places and the product is the plan.

Here’s the thread by Katalonian. I thought the responses gave an honest balanced view of what was required to launch or relaunch a magazine-type site. At the time I could not see myself having any time at all to spend on TXPQ but if he had shown willing I’d have handed over TXPQ and Alex would have handed over TXP Mag I think. I heard nothing else from him however and his last message in the thread says he wouldn’t start alone so I guess his interest evaporated when he realized things weren’t just going to fall into place and he would have to work harder than he thought to generate enough interest for it to be more than a one-man effort. If he is still interested, he’s welcome to write articles on TXPQ.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#7 2011-09-27 11:07:40

merz1
Website

Added the site RSS feed to my OPML file

Not sure about the sense/meaning of http://txpq.com/atom/?section=people%2C+product%2C+plugins%2C+places on the site.

???

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#8 2011-09-27 15:16:38

zero
Website

(RSS discussed here.)

Thanks Markus. I’ve just downloaded Blogbridge and your OPML reading list and now regret never having persevered with it before. I couldn’t get it to work so quickly gave up before. Now I discover there’s all sorts of TXP stuff going on that I never knew about. But will I be overloaded with all this extra info? :-)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#9 2011-09-27 15:50:35

merz1
Website

Peter, you don’t need to use BlogBridge to use the OPML file. Most feed readers can import or subscribe (better) to an OPML file. Made a mistake activating the full TXPQ feed, so OPML subscribers will get your feed after my next sync which can take a day or two.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

Board footer