Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#829 2011-05-20 20:51:39

lonelytraveller

Re: smd_gallery: super-flexible gallery generator

Thanks Stef, I’m still looking for that missing tag ‘cause the link is still at the top of the page, followed by some lines of code that should be placed between the <head></head> tags:

<title>My page title</title>
<link href="http://mydomain.com/it/" rel="home">
<link href="http://mydomain.com/it/atom/?section=gallery" title="Flusso Atom" type="application/atom+xml" rel="alternate">
<link href="http://mydomain.com/it/rss/?section=gallery" title="Flusso RSS" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">

Also the class="bttt bttt{counter}" text is still there. I’ll investigate further, because I think this solution could be useful for someone else.

#830 2011-06-22 16:18:24

pafruu

Hello again,

thumblimit=“1” isnt working for me at all.

I have a category called “GamePicts” which contains sub categories. What I want to achieve is have a thumbnail for each sub category and when thumbnail selected, the whole gallery under that sub category gets displayed in a lightbox.

here is what I have for code:

<txp:smd_gallery form=“gamegallery” thumblimit=“1” category=“GamePicts” sublevel=“all” />

and under gamegallery form:

<div style=“float:left; padding-left:5px; padding-right:5px;”><div style=“width:150px; height:100px”><a rel=“lightbox-{category}” href=”{url}” title=“A picture of {caption}”><txp:thumbnail id=”{id}” /><br>{category}</a></div></div><div style=“clear:right”></div>

what am I missing?

I try, and I try, and I try…. and sometimes I achieve

#831 2011-06-22 16:41:14

pafruu

ok looking further in the plug-in information I found That I have to do this:

<div style=“float:left; padding-left:5px; padding-right:5px;”><div style=“width:150px; height:100px”><a rel=“lightbox-{category}” href=”{url}” title=“A picture of {caption}”>{object}<br>{category}</a></div></div><div style=“clear:right”></div>

it worked but partially. I have now one thumbnail showing up but all of the categories for all other thumbnails are listed as well. And I only have one thumbnail where I should have two since I have two sub categories under the gamepicts category called: 25 may 2011 and 1 june 2011

#832 2011-06-22 16:54:35

pafruu

by adding onchange=“category_title” I now have 2 thumbnails from the two seperate categories which is what I want, but I still have the wording under thumbnail issue where it list all thumbnail categories.

Is there a way to put the category title under the just one thumbnail??

#833 2011-06-22 18:39:03

pafruu

Thanks guys but I actually got it working just by reviewing the info of the plug-in.

I am just trying to figure out how to get the lightbox t work and then I will be done.

#834 2011-07-21 23:41:45

pafruu

well this is embarrassing, The last person to post on here is me and here I am with yet another problem.

I am trying to create a gallery were I sort them by category and each category has only 1 thumbnail:

Here is what I have:

<txp:smd_gallery category=“gallery” form=“gallery” thumblimit=“1” wraptag=“div” class=“gall” breakclass=“thumb” break=“span” sort=“category” sublevel=“all” onchange=“category” />

the form gallery:

<a rel=“lightbox-smd” href=”{url}” title=“A picture of {caption}”>{object}
</a>

and the relating css:

.thumb {margin:10px 7px 5px 8px;
float:left;
clear:right;}

.gall {margin:0 auto;
position:relative;
left:4%;
width:960px;}

Mind you, when using <txp:thumbnail id=”{id}” />, where I get all thumbnails, the alignment is perfect, but for some reason when I use object, the hidden thumbnails use up space on the gallery display, therefore rendering the gallery in a very random manner.

seen here: www.whitewaterpools.ca/gallery

please help!

Thank you

Last edited by pafruu (2011-07-21 23:43:41)

#835 2011-07-22 00:04:31

pafruu

Hello again,

ahhh the wonders of grouptag and groupclass.

They actually solved the problem

thanks

#836 2011-08-10 16:41:55

qp2wd

I’d like to use smd_gallery and Nivo Slider to build a gallery that can be navigated from an external element by category. In other words, the image would appear on the left, and on the right would be a vertical row of navigation items (linked to categories) that, when clicked, would switch the images on the left to match the category that’s just been clicked.

Is this something I can accomplish purely through smd_gallery, or do I need to employ jquery to switch out the images?

#837 2011-08-20 22:32:40

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

qp2wd wrote:

Is this something I can accomplish purely through smd_gallery, or do I need to employ jquery to switch out the images?

You might not need smd_gallery at all nowadays. From what you describe, have a look at Jeff’s awesome gallery page and see if any of that gives you inspiration.

If that’s not the answer I’d tentatively say “yes” that smd_gallery can do it, but from what I remember of previous efforts to do something along these lines, the setup was a little brain-bending. I’d probably need to spend a little time searching this thread to find if I answered the person here or if it was a request by e-mail. I suspect the latter, but I’ve been known to be wrong on many an occasion.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#838 2011-08-29 23:36:22

elwins

Hello, I am using
Textpattern · 4.4.1
smd_gallery 0.62
smd_lib 0.36
versions and wanted to make gallery like this

So I tryd lot of times and ways, but no results.

Maybe someone can help to make FORM code for this?

Last edited by elwins (2011-08-29 23:39:53)

#839 2011-08-30 00:25:21

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

That is using Gallerific jQuery Plugin and looks like you’d need something like:

<!-- Start Advanced Gallery Html Containers -->
<div id="gallery" class="content">
	<div id="controls" class="controls"></div>
	<div class="slideshow-container">
		<div id="loading" class="loader"></div>
		<div id="slideshow" class="slideshow"></div>
	</div>
	<div id="caption" class="caption-container"></div>
</div>
<div id="thumbs" class="navigation">
	<txp:images class="thumbs noscript" wraptag="ul" break="li">
		<txp:image_url><txp:thumbnail/></txp:image_url>
		<div class="caption">
		<div class="image-title"><txp:image_info type="name"/></div>
		<div class="image-desc"><txp:image_info type="caption"/></div>
		</div>
	</txp:images>

Of course I haven’t used any plugins for the above.

Last edited by MattD (2011-08-30 00:25:47)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#840 2011-08-30 17:36:22

elwins

I puted this in head tags:

@ <script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:site_url />js/jquery-1.3.2.js”></script> <script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:site_url />js/jquery.galleriffic.js”></script> <!— Optionally include jquery.history.js for history support —> <script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:site_url />js/jquery.history.js”></script> <script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:site_url />js/jquery.opacityrollover.js”></script> @

Then in FORM copied your code, and in gallery page puted this:

<txp:smd_gallery category="mezs" sublevel="all" form="gallery" thumblimit="999" />
———————————————-

Result: All images are in list like with default <li> tag and repeated 3 times it looks like this:

*img1 img1.jpg
*img2 img2.jpg
*img3 img3.jpg
*img1 img1.jpg
*img2 img2.jpg
*img3 img3.jpg
*img1 img1.jpg
*img2 img2.jpg
*img3 img3.jpg

So something wrong and I dunno what! :(

Last edited by elwins (2011-08-30 17:37:52)

Board footer