ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Feedback for the Textpattern 4.4.1 release

Fixed.

#38 2011-08-05 17:11:07

sbb2647

I just installed Textpattern on my website, which is hosted on FatCow.com – I installed in through FatCow and received an admin user name and password but they do not work when I go to the login url. Is there something else I need to do?

#39 2011-08-08 13:37:32

phuture303

Solved an update from old 4.07. to 4.4.1 without greater problems.

Minor issues were related to plugins like glz_custom_field (change of the syntax in the meanwhile, had to update some pages and forms) and a few others like lam_browse_by or upm_img_popper, but with some tweaks I’ve found in here these plugins are working again like there’s no tomorrow :-)

Cheers
David

#40 2011-08-08 20:55:43

els

sbb2647 wrote:

I just installed Textpattern on my website, which is hosted on FatCow.com – I installed in through FatCow and received an admin user name and password but they do not work when I go to the login url. Is there something else I need to do?

Maybe you should start a new topic (in the How do I… forum), your question is not getting much attention here. Make sure you mention FatCow in the topic title. Hopefully someone who is familiar with FatCow will notice it then.

#41 2011-09-01 13:16:03

linguist

Hello! Could you help me with these questions, please? I had TxP4.2 updated to 4.4.1, and everything seems fine except a couple of things on the admin side. After the update, the text (font) of my articles in Body and Excerpt in Textile has become smaller, less visible, and a little difficult to read or edit. It looks as if it is not fully loaded. I am wondering what the reason might be and what could be done about it.

No errors in Diagnostics, but I noticed that two files from RPC folder are not shown in the list of updated files (in Detail High), though the new RPC files are on the server in their folder. RPC server is not enabled in my Admin Preferences.

Also, I think I saw the token at work when I was opening some forms. But it was so fast that I couldn’t see anything except the word Textpattern which disappeared immediately. Is that normal behaviour?

I’m using the same Firefox browser as before the update, and the text in Body and Excerpt in Textile was normal then.

Thank you.

#42 2011-09-02 16:48:15

milosevic

after updating a 4.4.0 instalation to 4.4.1 I obtain this message sometimes wen trying to save an article draft or uploading a new image:

get_off_my_lawn: article, save
get_off_my_lawn: image, image_insert

other times there’s no problem.

Any suggestions about how to solve it?

The site runs under a dedicated server with php5 and never gived perfonmance problems. I have instaled lasts versions of all the plugins in use (lots of them) but the problem persist.

Thanks!

SOLVED: updating ign_password_protect to 6.2 version the problem looks solved.

Last edited by milosevic (2011-09-04 11:02:30)

<txp:rocks/>

#43 2011-11-21 10:26:05

detail
Website

Humm. I’ve been doing some updates to one of my sites and decided to plunge from 4.2 to 4.4.1. Seemed to go OK so I did the same to my bigger site.

Second time around I was interrupted and things haven’t gone quite so well.

Basically I can login and access the admin side quite successfully but trying to get the site itself gives a dreaded 500 error, ie, Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I am using PHP version: 5.2.14
MySQL: 5.0.91-log
Server: Apache
PHP Server API: cgi-fcgi
RFC 2616 headers: 0
Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-238.19.1.el5PAE

Pre-flight check

/home/content/d/e/t/detail/html/cycletrails/textpattern/setup/ still exists (well, actually it doesn’t)
Clean URL test failed. (didn’t this morning.)

Any thoughts gratefully accepted.

Graeme

Last edited by detail (2011-11-21 10:30:40)

#44 2011-11-21 10:42:24

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

have you also uploaded .htaccess it seems not be there regarding to the preflight check or maybe you must change something on it!

Cheers

#45 2011-11-21 11:02:41

detail
Website

Dragondz wrote:

have you also uploaded .htaccess it seems not be there regarding to the preflight check or maybe you must change something on it!

With my hosting setup I have a main folder with the original site in it and several subfolders each with another site and a separate txp installation. (Well I’m new to this stuff and it worked.)

Fixed.

I had too many copies of the .htaccess, now I only have it in the top site it’s all working great.

Whew. That’s for the prompt to check Dragondz.

Board footer