Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#121 2010-10-28 18:44:23

Mobilizing Mouse

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] upm_file: Associate single or multiple files with an article.

Just trying to add this plugin and I do get the custom field, and cursor behaviour suggests it sees a link but I don’t get the drop down list of files from which to select

I’m also getting this error:

Tag error: <txp:upm_file_article /> -> Textpattern Warning: Table ‘STEPHENH.a’ doesn’t exist
select count(*) from textpattern, a where 1 and a.Status = 4 and a.Posted <= now() and (now() <= Expires or Expires = ’0000-00-00 00:00:00’) and a.Section != ‘events’
textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:229 getThing() on line 85

textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:85 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:306 safe_query()
textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:229 getThing()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code:348 safe_count()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code:509 upm_file_doArticles()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code:115 upm_file_parseArticles()
textpattern/publish.php:1106 upm_file_article()
textpattern/publish.php:1028 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:506 parse()
index.php:45 textpattern()

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Thanks
Stephen

‘I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones.’
John Cage

#122 2010-10-29 00:59:27

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] upm_file: Associate single or multiple files with an article.

Sorry, a bug that somehow crept in with the last update. Will post an update soon.

#123 2010-10-29 03:26:27

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Update now available

Last edited by Mary (2013-01-24 17:24:20)

#124 2010-10-29 17:19:11

Mobilizing Mouse

That was very quick Mary – thanks so much

I’m now getting the pop up window

The custom field which I called ‘I have a file to attach’ doesn’t give me the pop up but a new field called ‘Attach Files’ does – is this expected?

In the pop up window there are two error messages – are they important?

Notice: Undefined index: file_list_pageby in /usr/home/stephenhill/Websites/learningweb.ca/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 176

and

Notice: Undefined index: file_list_pageby in /usr/home/stephenhill/Websites/learningweb.ca/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 315

thanks again for the prompt reply and fix

Take care

Stephen

‘I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones.’
John Cage

#125 2010-10-29 17:59:36

maniqui
Website

Hi MobilizingMouse,
on the pop up, go to the bottom and change the value for the quantity of items displayed per page. That should fix it (errors will disappear), if I’m not too wrong.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#126 2010-10-29 20:59:17

Mobilizing Mouse

Hi maniqui, not too wrong at all!

Thanks – I changed the view files number to 100 – that fixed the error messages right away

Any idea about the other query?

Screen shot

http://www.learningweb.ca/CropperCapturefileattach.jpg

I imagined the custom named field would be where the pop up popped up, not in the automatically generated ‘Attach Files’

From Mary’s ‘Help’

This plugin allows you to associate single or multiple files with an article. It requires you to use one of your custom fields to hold the file list. The field’s human-friendly name may be anything you wish. All that you need to do is pick one to be used, then update the plugin’s preference to point to it.

So I made it very friendly ‘I have a file to attach’ – the eventual users have a wide range of computer skills (aka fear!)

Am I expecting something I should not, and should I just be happy with ‘Attach Files’?

Thanks in advance!

Stephen

Last edited by Mobilizing Mouse (2010-10-29 21:00:47)

John Cage

#127 2010-10-30 12:55:18

redbot
Plugin Author

Mobilizing Mouse wrote:

…Am I expecting something I should not, and should I just be happy with ‘Attach Files’?

If I understand well you need to install also upm_file_popper

#128 2010-10-31 15:09:44

Mobilizing Mouse

Thanks redbot

Yes I have the popper, and it pops, but just not where I am expecting it, in my custom, named, field, as in the screen shot:

http://www.learningweb.ca/CropperCapturefileattach.jpg

Stephen

John Cage

#129 2010-10-31 19:01:54

redbot
Plugin Author

Mobilizing Mouse wrote:

Yes I have the popper, and it pops, but just not where I am expecting it, in my custom, named, field, as in the screen shot:

Ah yes, sorry, now I understand your point.
Anyway, as far as I remember, this is the way the plugins works.
I think you could change this with a little javascript or direct plugin modification.
Furthermore… – I really don’t like to hijack other plugins threads, so I hope Mary will forgive me – some times ago I wrote a similar plugin which tries to manage files association in a more ‘visual’ way. Maybe you’ll want to have a look.

Last edited by redbot (2010-10-31 19:15:13)

#130 2010-11-02 00:21:18

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

“Attach files” is simply the link the opens the popup window. Once you actually choose what file to attach, the popup will insert that file information into your custom field.

#131 2011-07-28 22:29:30

lithium002

Hi Mary!

Not sure if you still provide support for this plugin but if you do, your response will fix my nightmare!

I’m trying to display files from a files category within an article. I’m using a custom field within the article that contains the files category name.

I’m using then following code:
<txp:if_custom_field name="file_category"> <txp:upm_file_article category='<txp:custom_field name="file_category" />' /> yes </txp:if_custom_field>

The yes appears meaning the article does have the custom field, but none of the files, if any associated with the article, will display. I know I’m doing something very simple wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by lithium002 (2011-07-28 22:29:52)

#132 2011-07-29 03:58:48

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Wrong tag and attribute: you want to use upm_article_file_list with file_category.

Board footer