Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#733 2011-05-10 13:46:39

Cyprian

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_unlimited_categories - Unltd. Article Categories

Hiya!

I got error:

Warning: Table ‘bccs28.textpattern_category’ doesn’t exist delete from textpattern_category where article_id=‘2’ in /textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Warning: Table ‘bccs28.textpattern_category’ doesn’t exist insert into textpattern_category set category_id = ‘15’, article_id=‘2’ in /textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Warning: Table ‘bccs28.textpattern_category’ doesn’t exist insert into textpattern_category set category_id = ‘28’, article_id=‘2’ in /textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Warning: Table ‘bccs28.textpattern_category’ doesn’t exist select category_id from textpattern_category where article_id=2 in /textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Any idea how to fix it?

#734 2011-06-24 22:15:05

maxk

Hi All,

I am trying to setup a site using rss_unlimited_categories. My problem is that when I am searching/filtering by category using “rss_unlimited_categories_article_list”, and I am searching for 2 categories, (in my case (spotlight and miami), or (spotlight and washington-dc) the results return all articles that have either spotlight or miami, so an article with spotlight and washinton-dc is returned when I am searching for spotlight AND Miami.

I tried editing the plugin code, but that did not get me very far.

Is there a way to find articles using multiple categories that is not all inclusive, an article must be in ALL categories that are being searched rather than any category being searched.

#735 2011-06-27 20:24:34

maxk

I find myself needing to use rss_unlimited_categories_article_list tag and be able to specify the month and day. I am unsure of what may be involved in add this capability to the plugin, but I need to just jump in and see what I can accomplish.

Can anyone provide any direction on things that may help me get this accomplished.

thanks

#736 2011-06-30 21:24:42

makss
Plugin Author
Website

maxk wrote:

Is there a way to find articles using multiple categories that is not all inclusive, an article must be in ALL categories that are being searched rather than any category being searched.

Install last version rss_unlimited_categories and use andcategory attribyte in rss_unlimited_categories_article_list tag.

andcategory – Accepts a comma separated list of categories. NO spaces after commas. (category1 AND category2 AND …) andcategory="cat1,cat2"

aks_cron : Cron inside Textpattern | aks_article : extended article_custom tag
aks_cache : cache for TxP | aks_dragdrop : Drag&Drop categories (article, link, image, file)

#737 2011-07-01 11:50:05

mjut
Website

Thanks for this great plugin!
I want to display all children of one category:

<txp:rss_uc_list linktosection="section1" limit="10" break="li" parent="cat1"  />

That works so far. All tags are being displayed that are used in articles.
- but I want to display all UNUSED categories as well. Is that possible?

Thanks!
mjut

Last edited by mjut (2011-07-03 22:09:24)

#738 2011-07-14 04:20:31

aliceaod

I’m getting all kinds of database errors, perhaps someone here can help?

A problem occured while loading the plugin: rss_unlimited_categories -> User_Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 1 CREATE TABLE `rhw_textpattern_category` (`article_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `category_id` int(6) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`article_id`,`category_id`)) TYPE=MyISAM; C:\xampp\htdocs\rigidheddleweaving\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php:653 eval() on line 89`

Last edited by aliceaod (2011-07-14 04:37:55)

#739 2011-07-14 05:01:45

aliceaod

Solution: I created the table manually with article_id and category_id in it and then ran the suggested sql query that comes in the help file. That seems to have fixed it.

Last edited by aliceaod (2011-07-14 05:02:24)

#740 2011-07-17 02:02:07

aliceaod

If anyone knows, would you please tell me how to increase the size of the text box in the admin panel? I have a lot of categories and the box is so tiny, I’d like to increase the height of the box to make everything in the list visible.

#741 2011-07-22 13:32:49

mjut
Website

I am curious myself how to increase the size of the box – its just too small…

#742 2011-07-22 13:36:46

mjut
Website

I found this
Take a look at “Other tweaks”. Unfortunately thats not working with me…

Last edited by mjut (2011-07-22 13:37:27)

#743 2011-07-29 19:02:53

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

olivierh wrote:

The only thing is that when I’m in debugging mode I get a few of error message like this one :

Tag error: <txp:rss_unlimited_categories_article_list section=“articles” limit=“5” /> -> Notice: Undefined variable: uExpires on line 922
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code:483 populateArticleData()
textpattern/publish.php:1106 rss_unlimited_categories_article_list()
textpattern/publish.php:1028 processTags()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:2625 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:1106 if_individual_article()
textpattern/publish.php:1041 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:506 parse()
index.php:45 textpattern()

Edit the code, replace

unix_timestamp(Posted) as uPosted

with

unix_timestamp(Posted) as uPosted, unix_timestamp(Expires) as uExpires, unix_timestamp(LastMod) as uLastMod

It’s in 3 or 4 places in the code. With that modification, the errors about uExpires and/or uLastMod should be gone.

#744 2011-09-01 16:29:50

lythande
Website

aliceaod schrieb:

If anyone knows, would you please tell me how to increase the size of the text box in the admin panel? I have a lot of categories and the box is so tiny, I’d like to increase the height of the box to make everything in the list visible.

look at the css, which your template using.
find this location:

select {
font-size: 0.9em;
background-color: #eee;
}

and add the follow code under this line:

/*set the new height for only the select-fields in "Sorting and Display"*/
#write-sort select { 
     height:20em;
}

/* this make back the old height, so that only the unlimited-category-list having the new height.*/
#write-sort select#category-1, 
#write-sort select#category-2, 
#write-sort select#section
{
     height:100% !important;
}

You can making the height in #write-sort select higher, what do you need. And maybe, if You changing the Admin-Theme, so make this again in the css.

Last edited by lythande (2011-09-01 16:30:36)

Board footer