Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2011-07-13 18:37:05

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Beta tester for TXP theme wanted

Under RECENT COMMENTS on the sidebar, I clicked on Donald Swain except to be taken to his comment on the site. Instead, I arrived at his home page.

#14 2011-07-13 18:40:06

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Have you followed the steps outlined in the readme file (or better yet on the soon to be documentation page)? For smd_bio you need to set up the plugin with two new fields.

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#15 2011-07-13 18:41:22

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

A couple of backend issues…

Clicking on Comment Tools gives me a white page with no navigation except logging out

There is now a tab under Content labeled Subscribtions – would think Subscriptions is the intended label.

#16 2011-07-13 18:44:12

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

stephan wrote:

Have you followed the steps outlined in the readme file (or better yet on the soon to be documentation page)? For smd_bio you need to set up the plugin with two new fields.

Most of the things under “Advanced:” appear to be optional. For instance, I haven’t done of the twitter integration yet.

Apparently, “Add a field of type image with the name author_image” is mandatory. You might want to move that up higher on the guide.

#17 2011-07-13 18:48:17

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Okay, so I added a field of type image with the name author_image. I am still getting the error:

Tag error: <txp:image id=”{smd_bio_author_image}” width=“70” class=“avatar avatar-70 photo” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown image. on line 176

#18 2011-07-13 19:14:06

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

michaelkpate wrote:

Under RECENT COMMENTS on the sidebar, I clicked on Donald Swain except to be taken to his comment on the site. Instead, I arrived at his home page.

Fixed on github.

Clicking on Comment Tools gives me a white page with no navigation except logging out

That seems to be some kind of incompatibility of the gho_comments plugin, not sure if I am able to fix this – however it works without this tab being accessible. Maybe I should list this as a known limitation.

There is now a tab under Content labeled Subscribtions – would think Subscriptions is the intended label.

That comes from phq_subscribe. Again, not sure if I can/should fix this or ask Peter Hultqvist if he could fix it.

Most of the things under “Advanced:” appear to be optional. For instance, I haven’t done of the twitter integration yet.
Apparently, “Add a field of type image with the name author_image“ is mandatory. You might want to move that up higher on the guide.

Good point, I shall do that.

Okay, so I added a field of type image with the name author_image. I am still getting the error:

I shall talk to Stef to see how smd_bio can be adjusted. Apparently this is due to the fact that if the value for author_image is empty it does not return an empty string, but rather the placeholder text that is used internally.

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#19 2011-07-13 19:34:55

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

I switched on Debugging and now get:

Tag error: <txp:image id="{smd_bio_author_image}" width="70" class="avatar avatar-70 photo" /> ->  Textpattern Notice: Unknown image.  on line 176
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:176 trigger_error()
textpattern/publish.php:1188 image()
textpattern/publish.php:1100 processTags()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(653) : eval()'d code:1436 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:1188 smd_bio_info()
textpattern/publish.php:1113 processTags()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:3959 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:1188 if_plugin()
textpattern/publish.php:1113 processTags()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1706 parse()

Maybe that will help. Still though, a very nice achievement so far. I hadn’t run across this particular template before and it has that “clean look” that everyone is going for these days.

#20 2011-07-13 19:48:01

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

michaelkpate wrote:

Maybe that will help. Still though, a very nice achievement so far. I hadn’t run across this particular template before and it has that “clean look” that everyone is going for these days.

Thanks, stef is already looking into a solution. And thanks for the compliment, it’s nice to hear someone likes this :-)

#21 2011-07-14 16:34:17

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Just to move things forward, I went ahead and uploaded an image and set the field.

http://cmsstyles.com/demos/yoko/1/welcome-to-your-site

The error message went away.

#22 2011-07-14 17:11:19

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Hi, Stef just updated the plugin, I added it to github and the error message should be gone either way now. Thanks for bringing this up :)

#23 2011-07-15 16:15:51

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

I did a fresh reinstall to see how things were going…

I am getting a couple of new error messages at the top of http://cmsstyles.com/demos/yoko/1/welcome-to-your-site

Tag error: <txp:comments_form isize="25" msgcols="45" msgrows="15"/> ->  Textpattern Warning: Table 'secret.yoko2_phq_subscribe' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM `yoko2_phq_subscribe` LIMIT 1  on line 89
Tag error: <txp:comments_form isize="25" msgcols="45" msgrows="15"/> ->  Textpattern Warning: Can't find file: './secret/yoko2_phq_subscribe.frm' (errno: 2)
RENAME TABLE `yoko2_phq_subscribe` TO `yoko2_phq_subscribe` ;  on line 89

phq_subscribe is active and the correctly-spelled tab shows up under content.

Also, I have a question about why in yoko_comments <txp:glx_gravatar> uses default=“http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/ad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536?s=65” and in yoko_widget_recentcomments default=“http://www.gravatar.com/avatar.php?gravatar_id=5f89bc2c7806f1b79616de3db6930583&amp;size=30&amp;rating=G” ?

I am thinking it might be better to use the same thing for both, except for the size, of course.

#24 2011-07-15 18:20:57

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, Michael. You are right, I updated the widget to use the same gravatar image as default as the actual comment list (pushed to github, just updated this one widget form).

About the phq_subscribe – have you navigated once to the Content/Subscriptions tab? I am not sure if that fixes those errors. If so, I shall update the documentation.

Board footer