Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-03-02 17:22:53

slim

[contrib] Textpattern support with Aptana

I got a message from one of the staff memebers at Aptana, an Eclipse-based web IDE that I have been growing quite fond of lately. I inquired on what would be necessary to develop a textpattern plugin for Aptana, and they responded saying the following

We’re working on custom tag extensions to our HTML editor now. What sorts of things would you need to do to make TextPattern integration work for you? Tag proposals, error filter, other items?

I responded saying that autocomplete support for textpattern tags would be a must, with associated attributes keying in with entered tags. The appropriate errors would be mistyped entries, naturally, but I’m sure there are more.

I want some input from the txp family. What else would you like to see in a textpattern web ide? The forum post can be found at Aptana Forums

#2 2007-03-03 08:07:45

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: [contrib] Textpattern support with Aptana

Hi, Slim.

I’have had a look at Aptana some while ago. ( Looks quite promising ). So here is a couple of thoughts:

• As a standalone app, it is an Editor specifically designed to work with Javascript , JS Frameworks and the DOM. ( It has the advantage of setting breakpoints for debugging and such )
  • Since it is Java-based, it has the advantage of beeing portable to any OS ( downside is loss in speed and responsiveness )
  • One thing that you probably might want to consider, is that for any completion, it must have the ability, to distinguish between single and container tags.
    (But there are tags, that can be used both as single and containertags, like category or permlink for example, how do you want to go about those ?)
  • Tie in with the Textbook documentation
  • Custom syntax hightlighting for txp tags
  • Tab triggers, with custom variables as insertion breakpoints, while editing. ( I don’t know, if this is at all possible. I think it has more the concept of snippet libraries )

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2007-03-03 08:08:25)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#3 2007-03-05 23:19:00

slim

I’ll pass this on to the other thread and see what the Aptana staff have to say. I love the portability of the software, I run it off my flash drive and carry all my work with me.

#4 2011-06-30 11:04:06

AdamK

Helo

I just revive the thread: I use Aptana, the present version is great. Is there anything going with the TXP support for the IDE, or should I prepare tag-list by myself?

A.

Board footer