Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#589 2011-06-17 06:24:20

CeBe
Plugin Author
Website

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

hildebruns a écrit:

When i add one product to my cart- after there are two products in my cart. And when i go to checkout section there are three products in my cart.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the re-explanation, sorry for my misunderstanding.
I’ve read somewhere in this thread that this happens when you have one of the <txp:yab_shop_*> tag more than once in the page. I don’t really remember whiwh one and where I saw this, I’ll try to find.

Edit: found it here. Check that you don’t have <txp:yab_shop_cart> twice in the page, as this is the only place where an item is added to the cart. Check also the checkout page.

Last edited by CeBe (2011-06-17 06:54:52)

#590 2011-06-17 09:25:46

hildebruns

Edit: found it here. Check that you don’t have <txp:yab_shop_cart> twice in the page, as this is the only place where an item is added to the cart. Check also the checkout page.

Thank you very much, now it works!

#591 2011-06-17 13:15:13

CeBe
Plugin Author
Website

Great !
You’re welcome !

#592 2011-06-30 21:40:13

progre55

I have just installed and configured this plug in for one of my older sites that needed shopping capability. I have used the plug in in the past on another site without issue. For some reason, when I go to checkout, I am not able to delete or change quantity. I am using Textpattern · 4.2.0 on the site.

I figured out my problem to the above, I did not have <txp:yab_shop_cart /> on the checkout page.

progre55

Last edited by progre55 (2011-07-01 19:54:00)

#593 2011-07-13 12:03:49

xylpho

Hello,
I would know if i can have different shipping costs…
For example, item A has a 30€ shipping cost and item B has a 10€ shipping cost. I’ve read the documentation and did searches but can’t figure out to make this.
Thanks for help, and your great plugin !

don’t eat yellow snow

#594 2011-07-18 12:03:03

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Don’t think this has been covered here but apologies if I’ve missed something. Can I specify a different tax rate for different products or, preferably, classes of products? I’m putting a shop site together that’ll sell a few various dog-related bits ‘n’ pieces, including books. Over here in the UK books are zero-rated for tax, whereas some of the other things being sold on the site (like DVDs, toys, etc) attract the current 20% tax.

Would it be possible to set yab_shop up for either default 20% tax and then on a per article basis — perhaps in a CF, or better yet by choosing certain article category(ies) — specify a different tax rate? Or vice versa: 0% tax by default and then 20% on other items.

Or is there some cunning way round this that I can’t figure out, such that the ‘inclusive of tax’ line can be removed or otherwise disapplied to certain products. fwiw, I’ll be collating all this info into a table upon successful PayPal IPN and using it to prepare balance sheets and VAT reports for the accountants to spank over; and accountants are very picky about things being attributed to the correct tax rate!

Many thanks in advance for any advice / tips.

Last edited by Bloke (2011-07-18 12:04:42)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#595 2011-07-22 09:35:14

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Nicolas,

I would know if i can have different shipping costs…

No, sorry. the plugin can’t handle with different shipping costs.

#596 2011-07-22 09:42:57

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Stef,

Or is there some cunning way round this that I can’t figure out,

no this plugin is not cunning. It’s old an dirty and needs to be washed (completly refactored/rewritten) in the view of Textpattern 5 is comming.

Unfortunately different tax rates don’t work out of the box or with an easy cunning way. I think this could work with a cf and some hacking.

Sorry Stef.

#597 2011-07-22 14:10:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

trenc wrote:

different tax rates don’t work out of the box or with an easy cunning way. I think this could work with a cf and some hacking.

OK, no worries. I’ve made some internal mods to the plugin anyway for this project — for example, added a couple of callback_event calls so I can hook other plugins into the workflow in places to augment the functionality. I know net-carver has done work with the plugin in a similar vein for MLP integration; adding callbacks to the code would be a fantastic way of allowing people to expand on the capabilities of this plugin. Perhaps custom tax rates is one such area.

My gut feeling is that if you used pluggable_ui() or callback_event() in strategic places, quite a few of the edge case requests you get for enhancements could be offloaded to other plugins/custom code: then yab_shop becomes a shopping platform with functionality to cater for the needs of 80% of people in its base configuration; the remaining 20% can easily extend it to suit.

My smd_ipn plugin is working very nicely with yab_shop to validate quantitiy purchased, detect fraudulent transactions, update stock info and prepare accounting information (all after valid payment).

In smd_ipn’s case it doesn’t actually need any additional callbacks in yab_shop, but I added one in the checkout form so I could capture additional fields. Thus someone can enter their payment details and also supply a ‘login’ name if they wish. That info is then intercepted after submit and used to create a Txp login account (smd_user_manager was used to create a new special role for customers). smd_bio was pre-populated with the info from the yab checkout form so that the customer can log in to Txp in future and use a dashboard (supplied by smd_tabber and smd_ipn’s transaction log) to view their order history. If they choose not to register an account then their info is just stored in the ‘remember’ cookie as usual but they don’t get the ability to track their order.

If you want to chat about any of this stuff btw, just shout. I’m sure there are dark corners of your fantastic plugin that I’ve not explored and where some significant enhancements can be made with very little overhead.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#598 2011-07-22 14:29:16

GugUser

trenc schrieb:

No this plugin is not cunning. It’s old an dirty and needs to be washed (completly refactored/rewritten) in the view of Textpattern 5 is coming.

Hello Trenc

I mean, your plug-in is used by many people and serve them.

Do you intend to continue to work on this plug-in?

Last edited by GugUser (2011-07-22 14:30:48)

#599 2011-08-29 15:32:51

sbaldino

trenc wrote:

Hi Bijay,

yes. The Plugin is not PHP 5.3-ready. Do prevent this deprecating warning, go to line 998 in the plugin code and replace the

$paypal = &new PayPalEWP();

with

$paypal = new PayPalEWP();

Then this should work.
————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I did this and am still getting the error line…any other suggestions
Thanks in advance
Scott

#600 2011-09-27 13:51:55

Kreeltje

Hello Everyone!

I’m using this plugin and it’s working fine… but!

Is it possible to show the checkout page with all the product shown on value “0”. Then people only need tot change the amounts.

Thank you in advance!

Board footer