You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#121 2011-02-08 11:57:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_admin_themes: Manage, edit, switch and share admin-side themes

redbot wrote:

Bloke, this plugin rocks!

Thanks redbot. The only minor annoyance is the fact that the Login and Plugin pages aren’t styled according to the user choices. It takes on the ‘global’ theme that you set due to the fact the plugin can’t run in those two places.

A real shame that takes the shine off the plugin imho, but there’s not much I can do about it (at least I don’t think there is: if you can find a way to do it then please let me know!)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#122 2011-02-08 12:16:32

redbot
Plugin Author

Bloke wrote:

…The only minor annoyance is the fact that the Login and Plugin pages aren’t styled according to the user choices. It takes on the ‘global’ theme that you set due to the fact the plugin can’t run in those two places.

This won’t be a problem at all for me given that I thought to set a global theme and then use other ‘fake’ themes (based on the global one) which only differ for certain items being set to “dispay:none”. Does it make sense?

#123 2011-02-08 12:24:41

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

redbot wrote:

Does it make sense?

Perfectly. A great approach.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#124 2011-02-21 22:20:17

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Maintenance release v0.26 fixes a silly annoyance if the filename you are uploading contains more than one full stop. The previous version just fell over, but now it reads the file extension properly (the file does have to have a file extension for it to recognise it: the code’s not that clever!). Thanks philwareham for unwittingly discovering this bug.

Last edited by Bloke (2011-02-21 22:21:55)

#125 2011-04-14 17:58:21

maniqui
Website

Hi Bloke.

A request: do you think it would be possible to add a setting to configure the path to folder containing themes?
I see it defaults to /path/to/textpattern/theme (where the path to TXP is taken from txpath variable).

A bit of background: on multi-site installations, there may be the need to make some themes available just for some particular installs (ie. a theme that’s is customized for a particular client/project that wouldn’t make sense to have it available for other clients/projects).
You may say: “But on a multi-site install, you will end up with a list of all themes anyway, because /admin/themes/ is a symlink to /textpattern/themes/.”
Well, yes, but that’s another issue I’ve already solved by removing the symlink and creating a real folder in its place, and then symlinking just to the official themes (classic and remora).

I’ve thought about hacking smd_admin_themes a little to test if a custom path to themes would work. More precisely, I was thinking about saving the current value of txpath to txpath_orig, at the very top of the plugin, assign a new value to it (hardcoded in the plugin, at least by now, yucks!) , and then, reset its value back at the very bottom of the pluging (txpath = txpath_orig).

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#126 2011-04-14 18:12:07

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

maniqui wrote:

I’ve thought about hacking smd_admin_themes a little to test if a custom path to themes would work…

It’s easier solved with a plugin pref that just happens to default to txpath. I’ll add it to the TODO, thanks.

#127 2011-06-08 10:44:45

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

v0.27 fixes a daft bug that stripped backslashes out of the edit window during saving. This version also introduces a new pref for TXP path (default is txpath) to try and make things easier on multi-site installations.

#128 2011-06-08 11:23:37

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

How do I get my admin theme added to Textgarden? I used the contact form a week or so back and got no response?

Cheers, Phil

#129 2011-06-08 11:29:40

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

philwareham wrote:

I used the contact form a week or so back and got no response?

That’s the only way I know to do it. Maybe Stuart’s busy / on holiday? Not seen him around the forum for a while.

#130 2011-06-24 02:41:04

maniqui
Website

Bloke wrote:

This version also introduces a new pref for TXP path (default is txpath) to try and make things easier on multi-site installations.

Thanks for this, Stef. I missed this announcement.
Will try it and report back.

#131 2011-06-24 05:09:27

maniqui
Website

Ops… it’s not working properly for me.
I’m having this two issues:

• whenever I try to modify the value for “Textpattern path” via “Extensions -> Admin theme -> Preferences”, after hitting Save, the value is reverted back. Thankfully, I’ve smd_prefalizer installed :) but…
  • even after changing the value for smd_at_file_path via smd_prefalizer, and setting it to /path/to/site/admin/, when I visit the “Theme grid”, I only see Classic and Remora, but the screenshots for those two themes are not displayed.
    Other themes in the /admin/theme/ folder are totally ignored.

For you to have a better understanding, this is the content of my /admin/theme/ folder:

drwxr-sr-x    Sometheme
lrwxrwxrwx  classic -> ../../textpattern/theme/classic
drwxr-sr-x   Someothertheme
lrwxrwxrwx  remora -> ../../textpattern/theme/remora

/admin/theme/ is a real folder containing other real folders (Sometheme, and Someothertheme, both TXP themes) and symlinks (classic, remora, symlinking to the real folders on /textpattern/theme/). The symlinked themes are being “viewed” by smd_admin_themes (although the screenshots are MIA); the real folders are being ignored.

Anyway, it’s not that the folders are being ignored: I could almost confirm that smd_admin_themes, despite of the value of smd_at_file_path, it’s still looking for admin themes at /textpattern/theme/.
I’m currently taking a peek at plugin’s code, but so far, I can’t spot the problem.

#132 2011-06-24 12:57:13

maverick
Website

maniqui wrote:

• whenever I try to modify the value for “Textpattern path” via “Extensions -> Admin theme -> Preferences”, after hitting Save, the value is reverted back.

Odd coincidence – I’ve had something similar happen with changing preferences in a couple of plugins lately – two of which were path preferences.

Board footer