Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2011-06-05 23:40:58

smdnetau
Website

Re: TXP North Bristol Meetup

Ahh Bristol. It’s been a while. Would love to get over there if it wasn’t for this :)

#14 2011-06-06 02:06:20

jstubbs
Website

Last time I was in Bristol I think I was 16 and the cider was good! Bit hard to make it to Bristol from Hong Kong though!

#15 2011-06-16 17:07:06

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Unfortunately Pieman won’t be joining us after all. Hope to see you next time though!

Steve

#16 2011-06-19 15:15:19

Destry
Website

I can not say how happy I am to see this happening. I only wonder why it’s taken 8 years, and that’s not directed at Steve, it’s just general observation.

I was just in London last week and completely forgot to give Stef a heads up. Bravo, Steve, big round of applause to you.

And for all you other people wishing you could go, do the same thing where you’re at! It only takes two to for a conversation. Things grow from there.

Steve, might I suggest that you write-up the event afterwards, what you guys talked about and of course encourage others to do the same. :)

Also, people, another way to meetup is go to things like Meetups in your area. You may not find any on Textpattern, exactly, but you’ll find them on CMS, web design, php, and so forth, and you can talk about Txp to anyone in that related sense. That’s how good things happen!

#17 2011-06-19 16:11:50

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Destry wrote:

Steve, might I suggest that you write-up the event afterwards, what you guys talked about and of course encourage others to do the same. :)

Would be cool if that were posted to Textpattern.com’s weblog. Couple photos, couple paragraphs. Makes Textpattern, as a product and as a community, seem more active, friendly and ran by humans w/ faces.

#18 2011-06-19 16:43:01

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Destry wrote:

might I suggest that you write-up the event afterwards

I think we might just do that. Our original plans were to find a conference room, get some brains in there, and have an online code marathon for TXP 5. Like jQuery do; very successfully. As well as a chance to meet some folk and chit chat.

With pieman dropping out and my complete lack of focus on TXP 5 over the past few months I’m not sure that goal can be attained so it’ll probably be the usual “fix the world on the back of a beermat” affair. Which is actually very rewarding and spawned a fair few core improvements and plugins after the last one.

I’ll bring my camera anyway and if we can get some photos that will actually do TXP justice they’ll be put online. Plus I’ll blog about it when I get a chance for my zero subscribers and few stray people who accidentally fall across my site to glance at (note to self: write some content that people care about!)

BTW, Destry I mailed you ages ago about CS London in September (the message probably got eaten by the junk mail filter). If you’re in the country I’ll gladly hop on a train and meet up if you have time; I don’t have the cash available to attend the show but if you can duck out for a sandwich/pint I’ll take a trip to the capital.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#19 2011-06-19 18:49:03

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Gocom wrote:

Makes Textpattern, as a product and as a community, seem more active, friendly and ran by humans w/ faces.

I agree, you’ll run a piece of software cause of it’s quality, but you’ll stick around and evangelize it because of the personality of the people behind it. Look no further than Steve Jobs and Linus Torvalds for the success of Apple and Linux respectively.

#20 2011-06-22 07:31:18

Destry
Website

Bloke wrote:

If you’re in the country I’ll gladly hop on a train and meet up if you have time; I don’t have the cash available to attend the show but if you can duck out for a sandwich/pint I’ll take a trip to the capital.

That would be great! I’m hoping to arrive in the afternoon on the 2nd September (Friday). Event activities start kicking-in on Sunday evening, so I’ll have some time before then. The hours will fill up fast with meeting people (and actual meetings), but I’m holding a couple hours for you. Let’s tentatively shoot for Saturday afternoon/early evening?

If anyone else wants to jump in there too, by all means.

Last edited by Destry (2011-06-22 07:32:36)

#21 2011-06-22 07:41:13

Algaris

Another potential meetup I can’t make :-( September is the busiest time of the year for me and there is no way I could take time off work then. I will however be in London between the 2nd and 9th of August though.

#22 2011-06-22 08:21:46

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Destry wrote:

Let’s shoot for Saturday afternoon/early evening?

It’s a date. Let me know where’s best for you sometime nearer the date and I’ll be there. We should perhaps open a separate thread for it at some point to avoid polluting Steve’s :-)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#23 2011-06-22 09:28:28

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Would be interested to read what is discussed this Friday, shame I have deadline for next Tuesday otherwise I could have been there. Can probably make it to London in September as that’s much nearer for me.

#24 2011-06-22 12:59:24

progre55

Look forward to hearing how the meeting goes and I can only believe that this will have an extreemly beneficial effect on TXP moving foward. Communication is always a good things and although virtual is the world we live in – nothing beats a good old fashion face to face get together —-

I too wish I could take a part —- but maybe down the road —-

progre55

Board footer