Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#577 2011-05-12 14:48:34

wornout
Website

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

On TXP 4.4.0 this error appears:

Errore nel caricare il plug-in: yab_shop_core -> : Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated on line 998

What I should do?

Edit:

Solved – Uploading to web server everything works fine

Last edited by wornout (2011-05-12 15:37:34)

#578 2011-05-13 06:59:10

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Edoardo,

Errore nel caricare il plug-in: yab_shop_core -> : Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated on line 998

This is a bug related to PHP version above 5.3.
This can be solved by removing the ampersand (&) at line 998:

From

$paypal = & new PayPalEWP();

To

$paypal = new PayPalEWP();

Last edited by trenc (2011-05-13 06:59:26)

#579 2011-05-13 08:13:05

wornout
Website

Thanks Tommy,

I’de like to know if yab_shop is now compatible with MLP. In this post I’ve seen that other are in the same situation.

Thanks

#580 2011-05-15 09:33:25

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Sorry Edoardo,

but yab_shop is not compatible with MLP.

#581 2011-05-15 10:20:01

jstubbs
Website

Edoardo,

Yes I do have an MLP compatible version of yab_shop which was put together by net-carver for a recent project. I believe he had some plans to release his version but you would have to ask him in case he does not follow this thread.

#582 2011-05-26 04:42:18

Chris_H

Hello everyone,

Just installed the plugin a couple of days ago and I think it’s fantastic. Having said that I’ve been having a minor problem that I’m hoping to get some help with (I did have a good long look through this thread and couldn’t really find an answer :) )

Everything seems to be working as it should; adding products to the cart, viewing the cart, checkout and so on, but the issue is this:
Whenever I refresh the page (the individual product page with the yab_shop_cart tags added) I’m getting quantities added again to my cart. That is, whatever amount was submitted by the form initially is getting submitted again.
I’ve tried changing the ‘last modified header’ setting in the admin page to no avail, and I’ve not had much luck trying to research the problem through the net. My PHP skills are more or less non-existent and I’m not sure what, if anything, can be done about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s how the code looks, incidentally
The product info, with add to cart and price:

<div id="main-product-page">
  <txp:article_image />
 <div id="entry-content">
  <h3 class="product-title"><txp:title /></h3>
  <txp:body />
  <txp:yab_shop_price />
  <txp:yab_shop_add />
  <txp:section class="previous-page">back to <txp:section /></txp:section>
 </div>
</div>

and a separate div with what I’m referring to as a cart preview (shows quantities added to cart and subtotal, with links to a ‘view cart’ page and the checkout page)

<div id="cart-preview">
<txp:yab_shop_cart>
  <txp:yab_shop_cart_quantity label="Items in your cart: " break="" showalways="0" output="all" />
  <txp:yab_shop_cart_subtotal label="| $" break="" showalways="0" />
  <txp:section name="cart" class="cart-links">View Cart</txp:section> 
  <txp:section name="checkout">Checkout</txp:section>
</txp:yab_shop_cart>
</div>

#583 2011-05-26 13:17:17

nj318

CeBe schrieb:

nj318 a écrit:

After redirect the user is back in our shops checkout section where it shows just an empty cart.

I think I got this one.
bq. The user should be redirected to the thanks page as set up in the plugin’s preferences. This is conditionned by the presence of a GET parameter called merchant_return_link when returning from Paypal. I guess that, once upon a time, this parameter was returned, but is not anymore. Or at least, I don’t receive it for some reason. [1]

I don’t provide any solution yet, maybe it’s not my job :) But at least we know what happens.

fn1. The reason is : you should use yab_shop with a business Paypal account.

@CeBe:

Great job :) So, simply using a paypal business account will do the trick. We will check that.

Last edited by nj318 (2011-06-01 10:19:59)

#584 2011-05-30 13:22:45

AdamK

Hi :)

I have set the plugin up, it works and it’s great.

But: whenever I add a product, I get #yab-shop-form-1 appended to the address:

http://kamyk.media.pl/artykuly#yab-shop-form-1

and when I checkout, I get:

http://kamyk.media.pl/about/dziekujemy#yab-shop-checkout-anchor

where http://kamyk.media.pl/about/dziekujemy is a valid URI of the “thank you page”, which is already set in preferences.

Is there any way to get rid of this #yab-shop-something-string ?

And another question: different costs of the shipping (one for prepayment, the other for purchase on delivery)?

Greetings

Adam

P.S. is there any development going with this plugin? the last version is dated 2009, and we have (hopefully) TXP 5.0 coming?

#585 2011-06-07 23:24:54

brunodario

I´ve spent a bunch of hours trying to modify this plugin core in order to make a few changes on the way it behaves but no luck. I´m trying to modify 2 things:

Property prices: Instead of entering the prices itself i´d like to input % discount on the product price. So say a product costs U$10,00 and i input A; B—5;C—10; on the variable field. I´d like both B and C values to act like discounts not prices (so if a user selects “B” then the product price will change to U$9,50 – 5% discount). I´ve managed to modify the behavior on the front-end but when i add to the cart the property behaves like price (as it should) not as % (as i want).

I´ve also tried to add a select field and manipulate the price with jquery but same thing, the price changes at the product page but when i add it to the cart the price is again the full price (looks like the price is not sent to the cart when i add a product to the cart, instead the cart take the original custom field price value).

Any clues on how i can achieve this?
Thx in advance

#586 2011-06-15 13:21:09

hildebruns

@Chris_H

I have the same issue, have got somebody a solution?

??Whenever I refresh the page (the individual product page with the yab_shop_cart tags added) I’m getting quantities added again to my cart. That is, whatever amount was submitted by the form initially is getting submitted again. ??

Many thanks

Last edited by hildebruns (2011-06-15 13:22:54)

#587 2011-06-15 16:32:35

CeBe
Plugin Author
Website

Chris_H a écrit:

Whenever I refresh the page (the individual product page with the yab_shop_cart tags added) I’m getting quantities added again to my cart.

As far as I know, this is a normal behaviour when refreshing the page just after having added the product in the cart. At least, Firefox warns me about that :)

When you refresh the page where you posted your first demand, you post again the same demand. That’s why on many forums you see double or multiple posts, because it takes time to load after sending the message, people think there’s a bug, refresh the page … and send the same message again.

#588 2011-06-17 05:07:13

hildebruns

@CeBe: Thank you for your reply! I have to explain. It is not only on refresh. When i add one product to my cart- after there are two products in my cart. And when i go to checkout section there are three products in my cart. After when i maybe add 3 from the same product to cart- there will be 9 in my cart…and so on.

I´m a newby in PHP so i can´t imagine what happens. How does the cart work? With sessions? Maybe there is a problem with a other Plugin?

You can see it (only in german) at http://www.holzsteckregal.de
Here under “Bestellen” – “Einzelteile” – For checkout click “Zum Warenkorb” on the bottom.

Board footer