Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#361 2011-04-11 20:23:08

chume

Re: mem_self_register

I still cannot receive email from ‘mem_self_admin_bcc’ though “yes” is selected on the advance tab of admin preference.
Does anyone know why the admin is not being copied?

Thank you.

Last edited by chume (2011-04-11 20:23:53)

#362 2011-05-11 18:52:25

brunodario

I´m having an annoying problem when trying to make the user recevie a new password with mem_self_password_reset_form .
The user actually receives an email but the password is blank. Using mem_form 0.8 , mem_self_register 0.9.3 and txp 4.3

Any clues about this?

Last edited by brunodario (2011-05-11 18:52:53)

#363 2011-05-12 23:02:50

laptophobo
Website

Hi Manfred. I think your registration plugin is what I need. (I wish to make certain sections of the website require registration.)

However, I loaded the plugin and clicked the Wizard link. At the top of my Admin panel I got this error message:

errors: A problem occured while loading the plugin: mem_self_register -> User_Error: Unable to include required plugin “mem_form” on line 498

A problem occured while loading the plugin: mem_self_register -> Warning: include_once(/var/www/html/textpattern/lib/PasswordHash.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory on line 7

A problem occured while loading the plugin: mem_self_register -> Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/var/www/html/textpattern/lib/PasswordHash.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php’) on line 7

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the plugin.

Living the Location-Independent Life: www.NuNomad.com

#364 2011-05-13 06:56:40

jakob
Admin
Website

The error messages give you a pretty good idea of the problem:

Unable to include required plugin “mem_form” on line 498

= You need to install mem_form too.

… /var/www/html/textpattern/lib/PasswordHash.php … such file or directory

= you don’t have that file on your server. PasswordHash.php was only added with textpattern 4.4 (changeset) so you will either need to upgrade your version of txp (better), or use an earlier version of mem_self_register which can also be found on Manfre’s bitbucket site.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#365 2011-05-14 18:23:10

laptophobo
Website

Thanks much, Jakob. I’ll try that.

#366 2011-05-14 19:52:21

laptophobo
Website

Well, I’m now getting new error messages. I’ve loaded mem_self_register (.9.3) along with mem_form (.8). When I View Site, I get this error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /var/www/html/textpattern/lib/simplepie.inc on line 8613 (and my website won’t view).

I do have SimplePie (1.2.2) in my plug-ins library, but it was turned off. When I turned it on, I got these messages: A problem occured while loading the plugin: SimplePie Plugin -> Warning: require(/var/www/html//lib/simplepie.inc) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory on line 2

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/var/www/html//lib/simplepie.inc’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php’) in /var/www/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 2

Does this mean I need SimplePie for the registration plug-in to work?

Thanks again,

#367 2011-05-14 20:22:59

jakob
Admin
Website

I’m pretty sure that mem_self_register and simplepie are entirely unrelated (they do totally different things) – there must be some other plugin including simplepie. If you set your site status to debug and then reload your page, you should see a tag trace in the source code after the closing </html> that traces the page code does in the background. If you can find simplepie in the tag trace, that should give you a pointer of what is being loaded for. If the page is still timing out, deactivate mem_form/mem_self_register and then load your page (as it did in the past).

require(/var/www/html//lib/simplepie.inc) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory on line 2

It looks like the path is wrong – there’s a double // in the error message where you have /textpattern/ in your first paragraph. I’m not familiar with the plugin, so I’m not sure where you need to rectify that, sorry.

I’ve loaded mem_self_register (.9.3) along with mem_form (.8)

I’ve not used the most recent versions yet and I’m not sure what has changed exactly since (other than, I guess, to accommodate the new password scheme), so if you are reverting to an older version, it may be that you also need to use an earlier version of mem_form too. Just thinking aloud – I don’t know for certain.

#368 2011-05-14 20:59:24

laptophobo
Website

Jakob,
I went ahead and updated Textpattern to 4.4. I no longer get error messages. Now I’m trying to understand how the various parts of mem_self_register work. Have you integrated this registration gizmo on an existing website yourself?

#369 2011-05-14 22:44:59

laptophobo
Website

I spoke too soon. Yes, all works on my local copy of Textpattern, but on my live website I’m still getting this error message: Fatal error: “Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /var/www/html/textpattern/lib/simplepie.inc on line 11945.”

I did upgrade my Textpattern version to 4.4. And, I’m using mem_self_register (.9.6) along with mem_form (.8.1).

Any ideas out there?

Thanks so much,

#370 2011-05-15 00:12:36

mindtset

I would ask your host how to increase your memory limit. That will probably eliminate this error.

#371 2011-05-15 15:15:29

laptophobo
Website

I don’t think that’s it. I’m using only 1% of my web host file, disk, and bandwidth quota. But then there’s that mentioning of simplepie.inc in the error message string.

#372 2011-05-15 18:26:42

jakob
Admin
Website

The memory limit refers to RAM allocation and is independent of your file space and traffic quota and hosters set limits, particularly on shared servers where lots of accounts reside on a single machine.

But if you are not using simplepie but it is being loaded anyway, I would check what is actually causing it to load. Did you try looking at the tag trace as suggested above?

Board footer