Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-05-10 08:25:49

Algaris

NoNonsense Forum

This is an interesting take on a web forum. NoNonsense Forum

I thought I’d start a new thread as this probably isn’t pertinent to the upgrading of TXPs forum discussion.

#2 2011-05-10 12:00:34

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: NoNonsense Forum

NoNonsense can be good for a limited shared servers, and is definitely good programming practice to the author. Kudos to the author :-)

That said, I don’t really think it’s the correct choice for TXP support forum, at least.

Let’s start by the fact it doesn’t use DBMS and it’s not really scalable for larger communities. What about searching, referencing and indexing? It’s good for those that have no access to databases, have no time to configure a forum or want to try something different, but in the real world there are the places where databases are a good thing.

It’s small. That’s nice too. There isn’t a lot of look at. It’s probably relatively snappy too, well for small communities. But then again, it uses error suppression as a feature and has close to no functions or classes. Pretty much intended as a playground for those that want to hack code, not for those that want to extend on top of it without hacking.

Last edited by Gocom (2011-05-10 12:02:47)

#3 2011-05-10 19:51:16

els

Re: NoNonsense Forum

Hmm… looks nice, but more like something for extended comments than a forum. Interesting still…

Board footer