Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-02-07 21:50:50

eightbit

comment form divider & font styles

Hi folks. It’s been a while since I’ve done a site that required the commenting portion of textpattern, so I’m a little rusty. :) I’m working on my personal blog, and I’ve just about got it all the way I need it, but have a few minor quibbles.

here’s the page I’m wondering about:

http://www.nonsilence.com/blog/articles/first-post

1) First of all, I can’t seem to get the hr/divider that is sitting at the bottom to disappear. I’ve gotten rid of all the other ones, just can’t find the form/html to get rid of that.

2) how do I style the actual text in the comment form (and at the top, right after the end of the article)?

I’m stuck.

thanks folks.

Brian

Last edited by eightbit (2008-02-07 21:51:30)

#2 2008-02-09 09:26:10

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: comment form divider & font styles

The comments themselves are controlled by the “comments” form template. The comment form is controlled by the “comment_form” form template. How the comments and comment form relate to each other, indeed anything below the individual article (but not the article itself) is controlled by the “comments_display” form template. This last one is probably the hardest to get your head around. Take a look at this version of the code for that form:-

<txp:if_comments_preview>
<txp:comments_preview form="comments_preview" />
<txp:comments_form />
<txp:else />
<txp:if_comments>
<h4 id="comment"><txp:comments_count /> Comments for <txp:title /></h4>
<txp:else />
<p><a name="comment"></a></p>
</txp:if_comments>
<txp:comments />
<txp:if_comments_allowed>
<txp:comments_form />
</txp:if_comments_allowed>
</txp:if_comments_preview>

The first block asks if we are in “comments_preview” mode and if we are it displays the comment using the comments_preview” form which you will need to create. This is followed by the “comment_form” form.

If we aren’t in preview mode it asks if there are any comments and if there are it displays the h4 and if not it creates an anchor point.

It then displays the comments if there are any.

The last block asks if comments are allowed and if they are it displays the “comment_form” form. You could also use the <txp:if_comments_disallowed> tags to display a message in place of the “comment_form” form if comments have been turned off for an article.

Last edited by thebombsite (2008-02-09 09:26:34)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#3 2008-02-09 17:11:15

eightbit

thank you, very thorough!

#4 2011-04-18 05:22:30

HarryG

Hi friends,

After installing a template (for learning purposes) I’m getting some warnings when for deprecated tags.

My question: How do I quickly search through all <Presentation>:pages, forms, styles, and plugins, or through all <Content>Articles for a certain bit of text. I mean, I could have made the same mistake on many pages…

In this case, it’s the error message is “Tag error: <txp:css n=“default” /> -> Textpattern Notice: n attribute is deprecated on line 63” but I don’t know which page, form, style to look

Thanks

#5 2011-04-18 06:10:23

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

HarryG wrote:

My question: How do I quickly search through all <Presentation>:pages, forms, styles, and plugins, or through all <Content>Articles for a certain bit of text. I mean, I could have made the same mistake on many pages…

Hi Harry and welcome to txp

smd_where_used will be of help

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#6 2011-04-18 07:22:58

els

HarryG wrote:

After installing a template … I could have made the same mistake

If you installed a template, it’s not your mistake ;) Some templates are not very well kept up to date with the latest Txp versions. The n attribute in <txp:css /> changed to name a couple of versions ago.

Edit: you posted in an unrelated topic; next time, if you can’t find a topic that discusses your problem, can you please start a new thread? Thanks!

Last edited by els (2011-04-18 07:24:49)

Board footer