Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2011-03-31 19:20:09

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_tabber: create custom admin-side tab structures

Actually no, after some testing I’ll issue the fixed version now. v0.11 fixes the $pretext warnings when using article tags. The docs have also been rejigged slightly to improve clarity.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#14 2011-03-31 19:43:26

maverick
Website

Stef

It’s a thing of beauty.

I like the new sort feature. Very nice.

Thanks for putting up me and making my dream of blurring the lines between the front end and the back end a reality. It is most appreciated.

To help spark ideas – if that’s really necessary ;) — here’s one of my personal use cases: I’m still in early stages, but I’m using it with smd_sql_query and mem_ form suite (simple form, public article, etc) to develop tabs that offer custom data interfaces, in particular with custom fields.

I’ve also got a smd_macro/smd_tabber version of lum_usermenu’s that I’m polishing up (in between meetings) and will share shortly in case anyone has a use for it.

Last edited by maverick (2011-03-31 19:44:24)

#15 2011-03-31 20:40:05

Ninja-Backflip

maverick wrote:

To help spark ideas – if that’s really necessary ;) — here’s one of my personal use cases: I’m still in early stages, but I’m using it with smd_sql_query and mem_ form suite (simple form, public article, etc) to develop tabs that offer custom data interfaces, in particular with custom fields.

Would like to know how you’re approaching this, code wise. Sounds like what I’m after. Any tips / snippets would be very much appreciated.

Ninja-Backflip:

A problem I find from a clients point of view, is effective frontpage management. Some of the sites I build have several static content blocks on the frontpage. Up till now, I’ve just been creating a section called frontpage and using a combination of glz_custom_fields and bot_wtc to create a simple, intuitive write panel. Works pretty well, but I’d prefer a separate tab that allows the clients to modify the page content in. Any tips on how I can do this with your plug-in?

#16 2011-04-04 14:23:28

Ninja-Backflip

Hello Mike, any updates on your attempt at creating custom data interfaces? I wonder if Stef has any views on such an endeavour?

#17 2011-04-04 15:22:01

maverick
Website

Hey – sorry for not getting back sooner, and for not having more details at this point. I’m away working on a project this week. When I get back I’ll try to share more of where I’m at in the process. Basic approach: mem_simple_form or smd_sql_query are the most likely approaches from a power standpoint. They let you update the database, so you can have text input fields and not just output. But they require some php and mysql and I’m still working that out.

mem_public_article is simple – you can pull out any fields you want very easily and update them, but it’s limited to the write tab fields (as far as I can tell), and you have to know exactly which article you want to edit. I’m still working to fine tune the way to do that — whether there’s a slick tag within a tag way, or to use some sort of variable passed as an article id.

I’m pretty sure there are couple of folks out there who have done similar things on the front side, so they, or Stef might be able to help in the meantime.

#18 2011-04-04 17:32:54

Ninja-Backflip

Thanks for the reply Mike! Unfortunately I’m a front end designer so this sort of thing is way beyond my skill set. Good to know folks like yourself are pushing the boundaries.

#19 2011-04-06 07:01:43

jpdupont

Hi Stef,

I start to play with this very usefull plugin ! Awesome ! An other big “thanks” !
One question : How (where) rename the “tab_start” first tab ?

#20 2011-04-06 08:27:39

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jpdupont wrote:

One question : How (where) rename the “tab_start” first tab ?

Update your language file in Prefs->Languages. And if it doesn’t change after that then the string isn’t defined in your language and you should contact your translator (which may be yourself! :-) and have the string added to the RPC server.

Glad you like the plugin.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#21 2011-05-13 15:30:54

Ninja-Backflip

Hi Maverick,

I hope all is well.

Just wondering if you ever found time to get the custom data interfaces working? I had a go, but failed miserably :-(

Your lum_usermenu replacement also sounds interesting. I’m using the plugin on a couple of sites, but would definitely be interested to see your attempt!

Kind regards,

The Big Baldy Head

#22 2011-06-01 06:09:38

maruchan
Website

Stef, are CSS stylesheets working OK in .11? I have a problem on one site (running .11) where the stylesheet link tag is not showing up in the source, and thus no stylesheet is applied to the smd_tabber tab’s HTML. In another site running .10, it’s working fine.

For now I added this tag to the theme’s php file and it’s OK:

<link href="?event=smd_tabber&step=smd_tabber_css&name=tabber_styles" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> 

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by maruchan (2011-06-01 06:10:18)

#23 2011-06-01 08:28:14

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

maruchan wrote:

Stef, are CSS stylesheets working OK in .11?

They work for me. Strange. I picked a stylesheet and page from the dropdowns, Saved and then visited the associated tab. My entire document had a yucky green background because that’s what I told the stylesheet to do.

Random stabs-in-the-dark:

1. Is it a cache issue?
  2. Has your smd_tabber prefix preference somehow been mangled? (smd_tabber_tab_prefix in txp_prefs)? EDIT: On second thoughts, I guess not or else you wouldn’t be able to pick the stylesheet from the dropdown. Hmmm.

Last edited by Bloke (2011-06-01 08:28:37)

#24 2011-06-04 00:14:02

maruchan
Website

It seems like it really could be a cache issue. I’m going to stick with my current solution, but I’ve been seeing some blanked-out pages and forms after save, so I’ll give Gocom’s cache-disabler another try and see if that can help with this issue too. Thanks again.

Board footer