Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-09-20 12:47:30

Dean
Founder (Gone, but not forgotten)
Website

1.0rc1 Released

Available as ever in deanload

To upgrade from previous versions, BACK UP YOUR CURRENT INSTALL and simply copy everything in the distro’s /textpattern/ directory into your existing /textpattern/ directory. You will need to re-enter anything you’ve set in /lib/admin_config.php – this nasty step should be eliminated next release.

Changes in this version are largely to the back end: you’ll see a number of navigation tweaks and some simple things that should have been added long ago.

This is a release candidate, and has been fairly thoroughly thrashed, but there are no guarantees against something blowing up. There is therefore no shame in waiting a couple days to see when rc2 or rc3 appear.

Also note that publish.php hasn’t changed dramatically for this version, nor have its dependencies. You may be able to get away with using your own substantially hacked version of publish.php, should one exist.

UPGRADERS Do not run _update.php! It gets run automatically when needed. Forget about it entirely! Underpants!

Changes in this version:

• _update.php now resizes the password field in txp_users to accept longer hashes
  • Added a hideable ‘Recent Articles’ thingy in the write tab
  • Blocked a security hole left open for when previewing comments. Thanks to nixon for spotting this
  • Changed security method for authenticating the current author’s cookie from the secret_word option in config.php to an unguessable db-stored nonce system. Many thanks to zem for proposing this.
  • Changed the method for installing plugins: developers can now offer their code as a straight chunk of base64 text, which can simply be pasted in to install a plugin
  • Fixed a confusing hierarchy rearrangement that came about after deleting an article category
  • Forms, articles, comments and links can now have ‘power editing’ thrust upon them (actually, you can just delete more than one at a time)
  • Lists in the links editor can now be sorted by name, description or category
  • Made some preliminary steps (notable in content -> organise) toward replacing table layouts where they’re not implicitly useful with webstandardsy layout
  • Moved the article list to its own tab (‘articles’) separate from ‘write’
  • Paging through article lists (in the ‘article’ tab) now retains the current sort-by column and direction preference
  • Per-version updates to the database should now happen transparently: if the software install doesn’t match the version indicated in the database, _update.php is automatically run
  • Running Textile to sanitise link titles and descriptions is now a config option
  • Switched the default pinging service for new post alerts from weblogs.com to pingomatic.com

One thing I was hoping to get in for this release, but it’s not quite there yet, is a themes engine I’ve been working on: this allows simultaneous installation of pages, stylesheets and forms through a simple installer much like the one used for plugins. Look for it in an RC or two.

Other things which should appear shortly: metaweblog xml support, serious power editing of articles, batch image uploading directly into galleries, and there will in addition be pie.

text*

#2 2004-09-20 12:51:12

Neko

Re: 1.0rc1 Released

Great stuff, thanks Dean.

A question: is 1.0 able to display image’s captions?

#3 2004-09-20 12:53:12

lee

Thanks for all the hard work Dean and crew.

#4 2004-09-20 12:55:05

Dean
Website

> A question: is 1.0 able to display image’s captions?

Not (yet, doh!) in the default gallery tags, but isn’t there a slew of image display plugins that do?

After the long weird unsettling summer that brought us to here and now, there will inevitably be bugs like this and other thing I’ve missed. Our new Trac and wiki and SVN repository will certainly mean very rapid cleanup of these in the coming weeks, he said with a straight face.

text*

#5 2004-09-20 12:56:22

jonhicks
Website

> Dean wrote:

> Other things which should appear shortly: metaweblog xml support, serious power editing of articles, batch image uploading directly into galleries, and there will in addition be pie.
Hurrah, thats the news I was waiting for! Excellent stuff!

Being lazy here – did you make any changes to comments.php by any chance?

Last edited by jonhicks (2004-09-20 12:57:16)

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#6 2004-09-20 12:59:18

Dean
Website

> did you make any changes to comments.php that you can remember?

Just at line 26:

array(gpsa(array('name','email','web','message','parentid','remember')));

Is now:

array(psas(array('name','email','web','message','parentid','remember')));

…which means that comment data can now only come from $_POST, and that which does gets some extra cleanup against XSS and the like.

text*

#7 2004-09-20 13:01:03

Niloc

Dean thanks. I can’t wait to install it after I get out of work and check it out.

Thanks for the hard work.

#8 2004-09-20 13:09:11

jonhicks
Website

> Dean wrote:

> >Just at line 26:

Blimey, now thats what I call informative! Thanks a lot Dean, thats just made upgrading so much easier!

I’m looking forward to giving it a spin…

Last edited by jonhicks (2004-09-20 13:09:26)

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#9 2004-09-20 13:22:16

indent
Website

Lookin’ good… great idea on the auto DB update!
Many changes to tag behaviour or new tags that need to be documented?

VC#72, waiting patiently for /section/category/article-title/ based URLs :)

#10 2004-09-20 13:30:12

Jai

>>_update.php now resizes the password field in txp_users to accept longer hashes

Wowza!! This threw me for a couple of days after upgrading MySql to 4.1.1. for it’s Unicode support…should have waited for RC. Tks, Jai

#11 2004-09-20 13:37:31

kusor
Website

I’m not sure if you’ve forget to mention it but, dear guys, this release includes the very experimental new add on for conditional tags.

Let’s give a look at the end of taghandlers.php :-).

#12 2004-09-20 14:14:56

Turbo-G
Website

And how do I handle my 260 images? Do I still have to browse through 26 pages? Where is the image search in the backend? :-(

Board footer