Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2010-11-08 20:33:55

TNT
Website

Re: Espresso!

Thank you very much, Jakob! And as a bonus, I found out how to get the brackets in my css to stay on the same line. Excellent!

Prrrrrrrr

#14 2010-12-01 02:33:25

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, Jacob! I finally got a chance to do it, and it checks out. I’ll fire up Espresso for tomorrow’s dev session and give it another fair shake!

#15 2010-12-01 10:31:33

jakob
Admin
Website

It took me a while to warm to Espresso (despite the name) but now it works very well in combination with cnk_versioning. I make my cnk_versioning files into an espresso project, then separately open an arbitrary file in espresso from the finder to get a new window and from there open a preview pane (only because I haven’t worked out how to break the preview out of the project window), type in the address of your site for the preview, then “manage styles” and override with your styles.css file in the project. That gives you three windows – your project files in one ‘multi-window’, a separate site preview and separate live css editing much like css-edit. The only thing missing is the DOM-infos that css-edit provides (and perhaps its versioning facility if you use that). For the latter you can park your espresso project files in your dropbox account – you can then develop from different machines and benefit from dropbox’s in-built versioning (albeit roundabout).

BTW: on a tangentially related topic, I recently gave browserlab a shot and you can currently get a year’s free access. It’s not the same as debugging for IE via VMware/parallels but useful if you want to try how it looks (as opposed to how it works) in the myriad of other browsers you might not (or no longer) have installed on your system.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer