Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-11-04 23:47:15

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

[mention] Wikipedia page

Does anyone have a Wikipedia account and feel compelled to give us an update? I’ve got an account somewhere but I can’t very well write about TXP in an unbiased and scientific manner, regardless they’ll probably reject my edits ‘cos I’m a dev and therefore seen as embarking on self-promotion.

If anyone does update it to give more recent history or some more peripheral insight, can we do anything about the warning:

This article needs references that appear in reliable third-party publications. Primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject are generally not sufficient for a Wikipedia article. Please add more appropriate citations from reliable sources. (January 2009)

Are there any that anyone knows about that we can cite? My own thoughts on the wikpiedia farce of “the reference is on someone else’s site therefore it must be true, but only if we say it’s credible or not” doesn’t enter into the argument :-)

Thanks in advance to any burgeoning editors out there who can do the page justice and get the warning removed.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2 2010-11-05 00:48:23

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [mention] Wikipedia page

I just made a minor edit. Frankly I’d like to remove the references to xPattern. Nothing against xPattern, but until it has a public release it is merely confusing to include references to it in an article on Txp. But I’m not going to get into an editing war. I’ll see if I can think of other helpful edits that won’t ruffle any feathers.

Edit: Updated recent history.

Last edited by jsoo (2010-11-05 01:09:51)

Code is topiary

#3 2010-11-05 01:22:32

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

jsoo wrote:

Frankly I’d like to remove the references to xPattern. Nothing against xPattern, but until it has a public release it is merely confusing to include references to it in an article on Txp.

Jeff,

You can go ahead and delete all references to xPattern if you like. When I get a chance I’ll create a new xPattern Wikipedia page detailing how we got to this fork on the road.

#4 2010-11-05 11:59:22

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks Bert, will do.

Edit: someone got there before me.

Last edited by jsoo (2010-11-05 12:08:07)

Code is topiary

#5 2011-02-01 17:50:31

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

I just spent some time rewriting the history portion and adding some more links and dates. It read a little too much like a mystery novel for my taste. I am sure the prose could still use some improvement here and there, but I think it is a pretty accurate representation of events.

Note: Going through Dean’s old blog posts one at a time trying to locate the relevant ones was an interesting experience.

Board footer