Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#565 2010-10-15 00:17:58

dandul

Re: smd_calendar: complete schedule / event / calendar / diary

Hiya, my smd_calendar seems to have had a moment of madness. Normally the first day of the calendar appears as Monday. But this morning it was showing Sunday as the first day. Even more odd, all the events had gone FORWARD a day. (The Monday classes were appearing on Tuesdays, the Sunday on Monday etc)

So I fiddled with the firstday="1" setting to change the start day. I could make Monday the start day again by going firstday="0", but the events dates were STILL a day forward.

In preferences I set the site status to 'live' (rather than 'testing') and enabled "Automatically adjust DST setting?" And somewhere along the line it came good and the dates were all correct again!

I tried changing back the settings I had fiddled with to recreate the error but it’s behaving itself again now. Has anyone had a similar experience? Know what it was? Is it a timezone thing? “Just one of those things”? Any help much appreciated.

A link if that’s helpful: http://mkbc.codd.info/calendar/?c=calendar&m=11&y=2010

Stop wishing things were different to the way they are. Accept it, deal with it, move on.

#566 2010-10-15 09:44:41

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

dandul wrote:

Normally the first day of the calendar appears as Monday. But this morning it was showing Sunday as the first day. Even more odd, all the events had gone FORWARD a day.

*sigh* We’re entering that time of year again when things all go sideways: daylight savings changeover. I know it’s no consolation but you’re not alone. mrdale is using a heavily hacked version of smd_calendar in which I thought I’d caught all the timezone / DST issues but he had the same thing a couple of days ago. If I get a chance later today I’ll see if I can spot the problem and issue an interim fix based on the version he has (which has been working pretty well, apart from the ‘shifting days’ thing he noticed on Sunday).

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#567 2010-10-15 10:10:48

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

hum, hum,
ok, I think this is not the time (4 dot 3) or my question is stupid.
Thank you steve for plug’in, it is certainly very well, when we understand.
Another day, perhaps

#568 2010-10-15 10:32:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

sacripant wrote:

ok, I think this is not the time (4 dot 3) or my question is stupid.

Sorry, I’m not ignoring your question. It just takes time to figure out your setup and replicate it on my dev account. Then I can have a go at trying to find out what’s going on.

Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to look at this for at least a week — perhaps a little longer. In the meantime someone else might be able to help you with the logic or get you on the road towards a solution. If it turns out to be one of the many date/timezone-related bugs in the plugin then I apologise.

EDIT: if you’re using the mini-calendar then a lot of the features you describe may not be possible because of its limited scope. You may have more luck using a large calendar and simply styling it / configuring it to look like a minical. Also, Example 4 in the plugin help shows a way of setting up the calendar to use dates other than the stored ‘Posted’ date. If you added the actual date as a variable to the end of the clicked URL you could read that in (using adi_gps or smd_if) on your destination page and then display the correct date there.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-10-15 10:38:18)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#569 2010-10-18 10:21:31

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote:

Sorry, I’m not ignoring your question. It just takes time to figure out your setup and replicate it on my dev account. Then I can have a go at trying to find out what’s going on.

Amoul solo. No prob Steph,

Even if you have not The answer, you give me an answer.
I’ll play with big calendar.

Thanks

#570 2010-10-24 17:40:50

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Stef – I have to join the masses and say this plugin is a succulent sexy beast of textpattern goodness.

I have one small problem. I’d like to add the flags as css classes to each event inside an <txp:smd_article_event> tag to style them differently with css. I read elsewhere in this thread, that <txp:smd_cal_info /> only works reliably within and <txp:smd_calendar> tag, and sure enough, it doesn’t work. Is there any other way I can achieve this?

I guess <txp:smd_if_cal> also only works within <txp:smd_calendar>?

Cheers, Jan

Last edited by JanDW (2010-10-24 17:43:46)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#571 2010-10-24 20:31:20

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Another question:

<txp:smd_article_event time="any" allspanned="1" section="events" stepfield="custom_2" omitfield="custom_3" skipfield="custom_4" extrafield="custom_5" from='<txp:smd_cal_now now="?day-?month-?year" />' to='<txp:smd_cal_now now="?day-?month-?year" offset="1 day" />' wraptag="ul" class="no-bullet">
  <li><txp:output_form form="full_event" /></li>
</txp:smd_article_event>

In the full_event form I have:

<txp:posted format="%a %B %e, %Y  at  %l:%M %p" />

But it doesn’t return the posted time. E.g. For one article that has a posted date of 9 oct 2010 at 18:00
returns 25 oct 2010 at 2 am right now. Looks like <txp:smd_cal_now> offsets it maybe?

Anything I can do to circumvent this? I’m trying to show the events of “today”.

Thanks

Last edited by JanDW (2010-10-24 20:48:28)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#572 2010-10-26 16:10:13

mrdale
Website

Hi Stef,

Any chance of addressing the visual calendar timezone issue? I have a semi pesky user that keeps rattling my cage.

#573 2010-10-28 01:59:19

kevinpotts

OK, so I have a dumb question, but my experimentation has yielded nothing. Basically, I have a bunch of daily events; some are every weekday, some are saturday, some are sunday. When I put the name of the day of the week into the stepfield (like it says I can here), all I get is a timed out error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /path/to/mydomain.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 397

So my questions:

• How do I get an event to show up every weekday but not weekends?
  • How do I get an event to show up JUST saturday or sunday?

Really scratching my head on this one, and I am sure the answer is simple.

UPDATE: OK, I figured out the second one. I just set the start date on a Sunday and used “1 weeks” in the stepfield. Anyone have any direction on setting it for all weekdays but not weekends?

Last edited by kevinpotts (2010-10-28 02:35:39)

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#574 2010-10-29 20:47:58

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Stef – I have another problem: eventlimit="12" but the event shows only three times (third thursday ?month) If I use third thursday ?month ?year the event doesn’t appear at all.

If you’d like a login to have a look, I’d be happy to give you one.

edit: Nov., 2: I can’t get this too work at all

Last edited by JanDW (2010-11-02 22:10:10)

#575 2010-11-02 22:08:47

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Seems <txp:smd_article_event /> has some problems with the type attribute. If I set it to just standard, recur only the recurring events show up. If I omit the type attribute, the standard events do show up.

Full tag was: <txp:smd_article_event time="future" expired="1" section="events" stepfield="custom_2" omitfield="custom_3" skipfield="custom_4" extrafield="custom_5" type="standard,recur" limit="5">

Last edited by JanDW (2010-11-02 22:11:52)

#576 2010-11-02 23:03:02

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

kevinpotts wrote:

How do I get an event to show up every weekday but not weekends?

Sorry for the delay in replying. You should be able to do this:

1. Create the event with a Posted date of when it starts, and an Expires date of some time in the future when the event ends. That will create a huge multi-day (spanned) event
  2. Create an omitfield with this in it: {Sat:Sun}

That should omit all weekend days for you. The day-of-week range syntax is experimental, hence it never made it into the docs.

Board footer