Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#745 2010-09-10 16:09:00

demoncleaner
Plugin Author
Website

Re: ign_password_protect

Thanks a lot! I solved it just some minutes ago… i was just to stupid to see that there additonal prefs for the plugin in the prefs area. Here you can decide wheter to get an email notifcation or not.

#746 2010-09-15 12:28:18

aslsw66
Website

demoncleaner, sorry but I can see your issues but am not really advanced enough to help!

And now I need help myself…

<txp:ign_self_edit / > works as intended if the user enters matching new passwords. However, if the new passwords don’t match then it correctly returns an error message BUT fails to put the enclosing <form>...</form> tags around the input fields. In other words, the form fields appear but clicking the button does nothing.

Any ideas? I tried the mem_self_register functionality just now, but it is till failing on me.

#747 2010-09-15 13:19:16

uli

aslsw66 wrote:

fails to put the enclosing <form>...</form> tags around the input fields.

Very much cases like this are curable by using rah_replace, perhaps in combination with an if_variable construct in order to avoid duplicated form tags.

But I don’t want to keep any hardcore ign_pp user from posting native solutions.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#748 2010-09-16 12:49:32

aslsw66
Website

uli, I’m not really sure what you’re suggesting here… The problem I’m having is not duplicated form tags, which I guess I could search for and strip out, but missing form tags when the form is submitted with an error.

BTW, it’s amazing that I can get most of the functionality to work, but this user-side editing of passwords and personal details is consuming about 90% of my brainpower!

#749 2010-09-16 13:02:18

uli

Ignore the “duplicate” part of my post for now. But you can add the necessary form tags with rah_replace, I’m sure.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#750 2010-09-16 22:00:22

uli

Reading my last post again, I think I should have been a little more communicative.

You could try it like so:

<txp:rah_replace from='<input,class="ign_inputclass">' to='<form action="whatever" etc.><input,class="ign_inputclass"></form>'>
    <!-- your ign code -->
</txp:rah_replace>

Where class="ign_inputclass"> is just an example, just has to be unique for the output of that block of code. Have a look at where I used single apostrophes.

#751 2010-09-17 04:22:21

aslsw66
Website

Actually, I figure out what was missing – the coding to return the error message together with the form in ign_update_self is different to the coding to display the form in ign_self_edit. I’ve added some bits in and it seems to work. After testing a bit more, I’ll post the full list of changes I made.

#752 2010-09-27 16:03:50

Gerich

There some problem with tag <txp:ign_current_user />. It returns his content only if current user have privs 1,2,3,4 but if user have privs level 5 – it returns nothing. Is it way to fix this problem?

#753 2010-10-02 02:49:27

kevinpotts

demoncleaner wrote:

I retried the plugin without using the additional table ign_user in my database and… it works fine =)

I am trying to get ign_password_protect to use a common cookie with the TXP backend so logging in to one logs into both. It seems you solved this, but I am not entirely clear on what you altered to get it to work.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#754 2010-10-05 03:29:25

jacknails
Website

I’m getting mixed results with this plugin (v0.5b9 on TXP 4.2.) Some browsers work without a problem (Opera and Firefox) but on IE7 and IE8 you need to log in again each time you go back to a protected page. If I log in and then refresh the page, I need to log in again… (When testing on my local machine, only Opera works flawlessly, while all the others don’t seem to recognize the cookie.)
Is there any chance of an update that works with 4.2?
I’d be happy to make a donation to get this working.

#755 2010-10-25 08:26:46

jacknails
Website

Disregard my last comment. Although I had lots of problems on my local development pc, I was able to get it to work on the server and after a few weeks of testing it looks like it’s working well and bug free!

#756 2010-11-02 19:43:32

datorhaexa
Website

jacknails wrote:

Disregard my last comment. Although I had lots of problems on my local development pc, I was able to get it to work on the server and after a few weeks of testing it looks like it’s working well and bug free!

Same story here — on my xampp locally I get only Opera to keep me logged in. Did you figure out what exactly is the reason that it runs on a remote server but refuses to do so on a local one?

I also <txp:ign_self_edit> breaks the page and doesn’t show up, and <txp:ign_if_logged_in> simply doesn’t work. I don’t know what of those is caused by what.

Board footer