name="period"
    />
    <txp:mem_form_radio
group="period"
label="Year"
name="period"
    />
    </div>

i expected either ‘Month’ or ‘Year’ to be stored in the period column in the database. what is actually saved to the database, is something like ‘q8a06cafcd361a2e86eb489fa355a0295’, however.

why is this?

Last edited by jeroenvg (2010-05-06 01:33:00)

#350 2010-06-02 01:25:53

jeroenvg

Re: mem_self_register

jeroenvg wrote:

pref ‘mem_self_admin_bcc’ […] is missing from the installation wizard and Preferences: Advanced: self_reg settings. […]

this is missing from mem_form 0.6/ mem_self_register 0.9.1, but available in mem_form 0.7/ mem_self_register 0.9.3, though not working on my install.

i mailed Manfre a fix. resolved (sorry for the noise).

#351 2010-07-05 20:11:21

aswihart
Website

Trying to use this plugin, but I get this error message:

Tag error: <txp:mem_self_register_form form="self_register_form" /> ->  Notice: Undefined index:  RealName  on line 425

..and that repeats for “name” and “email” as well. I also get a message “Username already exists. Please try another name”, yet there is no user added to the database with that name.

Using the provided sample form:

<fieldset>
	<legend>Register</legend>
		<txp:mem_form_text name="RealName" label="Full Name" />
		<txp:mem_form_text name="name" label="Username" />
		<txp:mem_form_email name="email" label="E-Mail" />
		<txp:mem_form_submit />
	</fieldset>

Last edited by aswihart (2010-07-05 20:12:00)

#352 2010-07-06 01:40:04

jeroenvg

aswihart wrote:

Tag error: <txp:mem_self_register_form form="self_register_form" /> ->  Notice: Undefined index:  RealName  on line 425

some things to check:

• did you install mem_form, too?
  • did you run the Install Wizard from Admin: Plugins: mem_self_register: Help?
  • what version(s) of (mem_form and) mem_self_register are you using?
  • does the self_register_form form exist in Presentation: Forms?

#353 2010-07-21 23:55:10

aswihart
Website

Sorry for the delayed response. Briefly:

1) yes
2) yes
3) 0.8 and 0.91
4) yes

#354 2010-08-03 13:41:16

aslsw66
Website

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to user the public functions for changing passwords?

I can see in the plugin that it allows for checking of old passwords before setting a new password. I can also see some sort of function that allows for a simple reset. But I can’t figure out how to actually use these functions (eg. what fields need to be used).

[EDIT] In all of my testing, all that seems to happen is that the password gets reset to blank.

And therein lies my problem… smart enough to read the plugin code but not smart enough to figure out exactly how to make it work. This is also know as ‘a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing’.

Last edited by aslsw66 (2010-08-03 13:49:15)

#355 2010-08-16 12:50:43

aslsw66
Website

With some testing and debugging mode on, I get the following series of errors:

Tag error: <txp:mem_self_change_password_form> -> Notice: Undefined index: password on line 834

… and then similar errors for old_password, RealName, login_url, from, and subject.

I’m using <txp:mem_self_change_password_form> as a container and have form fields inside:

<txp:mem_form_text password="1" label="Password" name="password" break=":" />
<txp:mem_form_text password="1" label="Old Password" name="old_password" break=":" />
<txp:mem_form_text password="1" label="Password" name="password_confirm" break=":" />
<txp:mem_form_submit name="submit" button="1" />

I’ve done lots of googling but can’t figure out what these “undefined index” errors are. For example, I have tried to explicitly declare these variables within the plugin (ie. where other variables are declared for each function) but that doesn’t seem to make any difference.

I’d be grateful for any pointers – at the moment, I have a successful login function but no capacity for users to change their own passwords!

Thanks

#356 2010-08-17 12:50:31

aslsw66
Website

By tinkering I have figured out that the form fields are never getting into the variables after the form is submitted (might be obvious already to some of you!).

Does the “register globals” setting in php.ini have anything to do with this? I’ve read this somewhere but I don’t want to fiddle with it – I sort of assumed that XAMMP and TXP and the plugins would all ‘work out of the box’.

Just as an aside, has anyone managed to get this functionality to work so that users can change their own passwords?

Thanks everyone.

#357 2010-09-06 21:39:18

demoncleaner
Plugin Author
Website

I seem to have the same problems then aslsw66 and aswihart on previous page. I got the same details as aswihart by the way.
That made me thinking if it could be a version issue or something?
I tried for a whole day now but could not get mem_self_register working properly. An entry is created in the database whenever I try to use it but RealName, name and email are missing. If I try a second time it says that username already exists. Which makes sense somehow because the user name “ “ is already in the database. I tried this with the “normal” txp_user table and the alternative ign_db table. Both had the same results. i have no idea anymore where to look. But as there are a lot of people who are so happy to have this plugin working, there has to be a way to solve this problem. Would be great if anyone could help.
Thanks everyone

#358 2010-09-09 12:02:14

aslsw66
Website

Well, I have now tested this out on a live site just to see if there was something about my development installation on XAMMP that was screwing things up. But no luck!

The same problem is occurring – trying to allow the user to change their password simply results in a blank password being set in the database and a number of error messages like this:

Tag error: <txp:mem_self_change_password_form email_form="self_register_password_email"> -> Notice: Undefined index: password on line 835

mem_self_password_form_submit()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:636 call_user_func_array()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(484) : eval()'d code:200 callback_event()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:820 mem_form()
textpattern/publish.php:1106 mem_self_change_password_form()
textpattern/publish.php:1041 processTags()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:340 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:1106 ign_if_logged_in()
textpattern/publish.php:1041 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:506 parse()

I get multiple errors for password, old_password, RealName, login_url, from, reply, and subject. All I’m doing is using the basic functionality of <txp:mem_self_change_password_email> in this thread.

Any idea how to get this to work?

#359 2010-10-03 15:46:09

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Trying to use a forum thread as a bug tracker doesn’t really work for various reasons.

1. I don’t always get the email about the thread being updated.
  2. Different problems get interleaved.
  3. I’m forget about them and don’t re-read the older pages of a plugin thread looking for unfixed issues.

In an effort to fix this communication disconnect, I have moved all of my plugin code over to bitbucket, /Manfre/txp-plugins. I’ve enabled the issue tracker and wiki (for documentation). With this new channel of managing my plugins, I will continue to ignore issues reported in this plugin thread, but now it will be intentional instead of accidental.

#360 2010-10-18 05:56:13

aslsw66
Website

I’m posting here initially, knowing that Manfre isn’t monitoring this forum, mainly because I’m unsure whether my problems are a bug or just my implementation.

I have this code on a page:

<txp:mem_self_user_edit_form>
<txp:mem_form_hidden name="name" value="jono" />
<p><txp:mem_form_text name="RealName" label="Full Name" break=":" default = "<txp:mem_profile var="RealName" />"/></p>
<p><txp:mem_form_email name="email" label="Email" required="1" break=":" default = "<txp:mem_profile var="email" />" /></p>
<p><txp:mem_form_text name="address" label="Address" break=":" default = "<txp:mem_profile var="address" />" /></p>
<p><txp:mem_form_submit name="Save" /></p>
</txp:mem_self_user_edit_form>

This outputs the following form:

<form method="post" id="mem06af7d941052a1035fdb90a57bcbd2f8" class="memForm" action="/membership/update-your-personal-details#mem06af7d941052a1035fdb90a57bcbd2f8">
<div>
<input type="hidden" name="mem_form_nonce" value="0b203e7788499c99277f8788ea8d428b" />
<input type="hidden" name="mem_form_id" value="06af7d941052a1035fdb90a57bcbd2f8" />
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="2000000" />
<input type="hidden" class="memHidden memRequired name" name="name" value="jono" />
<p><label for="RealName" class="memText memRequired RealName">Full Name</label>:<input type="text" id="RealName" class="memText memRequired" name="RealName" value="Jono" maxlength="100" /></p>
<p><label for="email" class="memEmail memRequired email">Email</label>:<input type="text" id="email" class="memEmail memRequired" name="email" value="OBSCURED" maxlength="100" /></p>
<p><label for="address" class="memText memRequired address">Address</label>:<input type="text" id="address" class="memText memRequired" name="address" value="OBSCURED" maxlength="100" /></p>
<p><input type="submit" class="memSubmit" name="Save" value="Save" /></p>
</div>
</form>

…. noting that OBSCURED means I have real-world values in there.

Through judicial use of inserting some echo results in the plugin, I have figured out that the hidden field gets through, but none of the values from the visible fields get to the plugin to be processed. The weird thing is that for submission, the plugin recognises a value there (they are required fields) but once it gets to processing there is nothing there.

The fields are all populated with something (for texting purposes I have allowed them to remain as the defaults), but it doesn’t matter what I put in there anyway.

I’m not sure if I should report this as a bug (maybe the upgrade to TXP?) or whether it’s just me.

Board footer