Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-09-03 12:19:19

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

HTML 5 music video

Completely un-TXP related but if you have Google Chrome and some serious horsepower available on your computer you may like to check out this attempt at an experimental interactive web-based music video.

After you’ve told it your home town so it can prepare the feeds from Google Streetview it seems to load up a bunch of windows in advance and then turn them on and off at different places around your screen in time to the music. It asks you for some more stuff as it plays, and then uses that in the video too.

What’s remarkable? No flash; it’s HTML 5, apparently. Very impressive.

It was jerky as anything on my ageing hardware but I’m sure all you MacBook Pro afficionados will have a far better experience.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-09-03 12:19:33)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2 2010-09-04 12:56:38

keith
Website

Re: HTML 5 music video

Bugger, that’s impressive – it rocks along on my new Win 7 box, and I suddenly have a great interest in HTML 5!

Keith
Blyth, Northumberland, England
Capture The Moment

#3 2010-09-04 14:09:32

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Oddly, last night, I was checking up on how the Google Chrome OS was getting on and watched a little video presentation. I got the impression that this was going to be the kind of thing, not videos necessarily but developing on-line rather than on our computers, that we were all heading towards.

It is rather good though isn’t it? I even like the tune. I didn’t have problems running it but I did spot that it was grabbing about 600Mb of RAM so it does exactly what it says on the tin. Switch everything off that you can before running it. ;)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#4 2010-09-05 09:19:08

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Very very nice and impressive!

My 2 CPU cores were in a moderate load. But seemed so that all of your current free RAM was used no matter how much it is. Shortly my memory begun to swap. Probably to preload the movies and images.

Board footer