Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-07-29 04:00:59

krystal

More Newbie Questions....about error msgs mostly

Hi, and needless to say I’m a total Noob! After some lengthy tinkering in my awkward attempts to get Textpattern situated on a domain, I thought “everything went well” till I saw these error messages that I have no clue what to do about:

PHP Error Message

Warning: apache_get_modules() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/*****/public_html/textpattern/setup/txpsql.php on line 41

PHP Error Message

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/*****/public_html/textpattern/setup/txpsql.php on line 42

If I recall correctly w/o looking, my setup file hasn’t been removed yet. Would deleting it help to get rid of the errors, or is there something wrong with the setup file itself?

Someone here said that upon first login, things are weird but on the second login, it’s all good. That was what I discovered G but, after typing in some nonsense and then trying to view the site as it is at the moment, I got a 500 Server error… Not sure what that’s about either!

Any advice, help and direction would be hugely appreciated by this complete novice!

krystal

#2 2010-07-29 05:30:38

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: More Newbie Questions....about error msgs mostly

Hi Krystal and welcome to txp

The setup can be deleted or renamed for now. Can you please post your diagnostics on admin>diagnostics?

Your server might not like the htaccess file included with txp. This file ensures clean urls. In admin>preferences use ?=messy for Permanent link mode and the 500 error should disappear.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2010-07-29 07:08:50

krystal

Re: More Newbie Questions....about error msgs mostly

No worries anymore, the problem got resolved when I simply switched away from my habitual use of Filezilla and chose a web-based ftp service. The install went thru without any trouble (as a zipped file) and I also think going carefully over the detailed instructions also helped! I always liked Filezilla but apparently it isn’t what I should be using, I’ve had lots of issues lately that seem to have FZ as a cause.

Anyway, now we’re up and running, doing fine! I can even view my newborn site now (oooh, purty). I just have one or two other Q’s that I will ask in the appropriate section here…

thanks

krystal

Board footer