Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-07-12 08:30:42

Katalonian
Website

[contrib] TXP Plugin&mods site(magazine)

Hello txp users.
I have an idea to create txp site, which intended for review of txp plugins and mods, which will help both, novice and experienced users with the choice of plug-ins.
I’m designer (and not bad ;) ),
I’m looking for good html+css slicer, also for content managers and editors,who are strong in txp and in plugin research and who can help me with content and site updating.
If someone interested, let me know, by this tread, PM or email.
Thanks.

Last edited by Katalonian (2010-07-12 08:51:42)

<txp:txp_me />

#2 2010-07-12 10:39:22

CeBe
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [contrib] TXP Plugin&mods site(magazine)

Katalonian a écrit:

I have an idea to create txp site, which intended for review of txp plugins and mods

http://www.textpattern.org/ ?

#3 2010-07-12 10:48:04

Katalonian
Website

nope.
i don’t want to create another plugin directory. I want to create magazine-like web site, where we will be write an articles, reviews of plugins, plugin pack for example. Not only for plugins, all interested txp related tips.

#4 2010-07-12 12:10:32

TNT
Website

I think such a site is already taken care of.

Prrrrrrrr

#5 2010-07-12 12:43:01

Katalonian
Website

lol ) guys you amuse me))
Where in Txptips you’r see some plugin reviews/txp related articles/packs/news or some??
I mean, i want create useful txp magazine, lika a smashingmag, but txp related…

#6 2010-07-12 13:16:51

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Existing similar projects include:

You could even take over TXPQ.

Problem isn’t starting such a beast, it’s keeping it alive.

Code is topiary

#7 2010-07-12 13:19:57

jm
Plugin Author
Website

I hope by “plugin pack”, you don’t mean one of those obnoxious ZIP files of 5 different plugins saved as RTF/DOC files that seems to be popular with “HOW TO DO X WITH TEXTPATTERN” on Wordpress-style sites. Smashing Magazine might be the one of the worst examples to follow too (look, another list!).

TXP Mag and TXPQ were TXP’s two magazine-style sites, but both have died. I believe the authors were looking for new owners/writers awhile ago, so you might want to check with alexandra (TXP Mag) and Peter (TXPQ; can’t find his forum acct.).

Edit: D’oh, jsoo beat me to it re:TXPQ and TXP Mag.

Last edited by jm (2010-07-12 13:20:32)

#8 2010-07-12 14:13:26

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

I think, the problem is too little community – much more less than WP’s or Drupal’s. Who wants share his knowledge to 1.000 when he can share it with 1.000.000. And if we say “author” we must understand – free-author wouldn’t write for ages – he want to eat. Free articles about TXP can’t feed him.

It’s pity, but it’s my vision of situation, inspite that TXP is great tool.

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#9 2010-07-12 14:19:35

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

jm wrote:

and Peter (TXPQ; can’t find his forum acct.).

Here ya go:)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#10 2010-07-12 15:49:36

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

the_ghost wrote:

I think, the problem is too little community – much more less than WP’s or Drupal’s. Who wants share his knowledge to 1.000 when he can share it with 1.000.000. And if we say “author” we must understand – free-author wouldn’t write for ages – he want to eat. Free articles about TXP can’t feed him.

It’s pity, but it’s my vision of situation, inspite that TXP is great tool.

Indeed. TXP’s userbase is extremely small. It’s not that TXP is the only CMS written in PHP, and not the only one that is focused in small footprint.

When it comes to working with TXP, it’s not that easy. When I say working, I mean being TXP expert, tip author or plugin developer — it’s not hot to say “Textpattern”. Textpattern is really great tool, the best CMS out there in my opinion, but as a word, it doesn’t make money.

Being TXP expert doesn’t bring customers, where being a hot product X expert does. Instead making seperate competiting product, magazines and what not, we really should put our efforts together. When the audience is small, you don’t have the resources to compete.

For example you could mail Jonathan, or Peter, and ask if they would want to add more feature sets to the sites; more attractive articles, reviews and such.

Last edited by Gocom (2010-07-12 15:55:36)

#11 2010-07-12 19:55:08

jstubbs
Website

Gocom wrote:

For example you could mail Jonathan, or Peter, and ask if they would want to add more feature sets to the sites; more attractive articles, reviews and such.

I’d be open to this in theory – depends on how its done and the potential write-ups – more thoughts/opinions on this welcome.

#12 2010-07-13 06:17:28

Katalonian
Website

i just want to help to increase txp community, and also give due to txp in addition, that would donate money. i thought about contact with admins of txpmag, maybe i can create for txpmag new design and advice new concept…

Board footer