Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-03-01 16:57:01

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Textplates 2010 on the horizon - Be a part of it!

As some of you may have seen, heard or at least hoped, a lot of tiny and not so tiny gears are crunching in order to set up a new round of your favorite template design contest:
Texplates 2010!

In order to jumpstart this year’s competition I was hoping to get some more community involvement along the way, so here’s your chance to make Textplates 2010 the biggest, best and most fun Textplates edition ever.

Prizes

Everyone likes to win, especially if there are big prizes to be won. There are already some very enticing prizes just waiting for a winner, but we still need one or two to make things more interesting.
If you want to sponsor this year’s round of Textplates, you are more than welcome to write me a message or contact me via Twitter.

Judges

Be sure we asked some of the finest people in contemporary webdesign. The best part? They didn’t even say no when we asked them to be on the jury! Once our jury is fully set, their names will be anounced on the textplates.com site.

Timeframe

I hope to get everything up and running on the first of May. This round will last the whole month, so that June will reveal the winners.

Buzz

No, not that Google thingie, but rather what you can do to attract some attention. Textplates 2010 is still a little bit away, which leaves some time to push your favorite CMS in the (online) media. Why don’t you write an article about Textpattern for a print magazine? Just contact your favorite magazine and ask if they accept articles from freelancing authors. Most of the time they’ll say yes and be very happy about your contribution (in some countries you even get money for doing so). You may even brag about your own projects you accomplished with Textpattern ;-)
If you have a blog, write an article why you chose Txp or WP, write tweets tagged using #txp (or #textpattern, if you can afford to) or have a Wave (yes, the Google thingie) for Txp. You may also mention rumors about a possible new round of Textplates ;-)

Hold your horses

I just hope you read until this part: There was no official anouncement of Textplates 2010 yet. Once all prizes and jury members are on board we will do so. Until then remember that some – or even all – of this information may change.
The textplates.com site will be updated with all the information once we officially anounced the new round.

I look forward to any and all feedback!

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#2 2010-03-01 21:56:00

bici
Website Mastodon

Re: Textplates 2010 on the horizon - Be a part of it!

Congratulations!

I am will look forward to the new collection.

Contact the folks at envato.com and invite them to expand their themes to include TxP themes. And might as well invite the The WooThemes Team along.

…. texted postive

#3 2010-03-22 01:43:18

kevinpotts

Hey, do you think you’ll still have a Mac Mini as a prize this year? I totally kind of maybe not really want one still not anymore. ;)

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#4 2010-03-22 07:01:18

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Until now we don’t have a Mac Mini yet. Any generous donators around? ;-)

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#5 2010-06-03 09:53:56

jamesturner125

Hi! I am new here… how do we join the contest exactly? Thanks in advance

#6 2010-06-26 23:33:55

6sigma
Website

Did the idea of a Textplates 2010 competition stagnate and die or is it still planned?

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#7 2010-06-28 22:42:11

bici
Website Mastodon

6sigma wrote:

Did the idea of a Textplates 2010 competition stagnate and die or is it still planned?

yes… many enquiring minds would like an update …

…. texted postive

#8 2010-07-12 14:53:24

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

First, sorry for the long silence. My original plan was to organize and set up Textplates 2010 to start in May, so that it should be done by June and in my plannings the lucky (or should I say talented) winner would already have their prize in hands by now.

Unfortunately plans are sometimes just that: plans.

I am very sorry to say that I am not able (although more than willing) to carry on with Textplates 2010 due to personal reasons. I received some extremely good and some extremely bad news this year that now have to take precedence over everything I originally wanted to accomplish in 2010.

Thanks for your great support so far. I intend to be back.

Board footer