Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-10-03 20:34:28

kvnmcwebn
Website

blogging from a phone

Anyone do any blogging to a txp site from a handheld? I’m thinking about setting up a mobile phone snap shots gallery on a txp site for the craic and want to be able to upload straight from the mobile. My mobiles browser doesn’t like the txp admin log on page and won’t display it at all.
I think a flickr gallery plug in is the only way to go unless someone has another idea?

-best
kevin

its a bad hen that wont scratch itself.
photogallery

#2 2009-10-03 21:09:21

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: blogging from a phone

kvnmcwebn wrote:

My mobiles browser doesn’t like the txp admin log on page and won’t display it at all.

What browser? Should work fine on latest webkit browsers, like Nokia’s newest and Opera Mini. Even works with Nokias old S40 non CSS compatible wap browsers from 2000 something.

Probably the fastest way is to use some direct upload app from the phone. Iphones and Nokias have plenty of those social service applets, even inbuild.

Yep, I blog from phone, if we can call’em phones. More computer than phone. “Can ya call with that?”

Last edited by Gocom (2009-10-03 21:12:44)

#3 2009-10-03 22:31:11

kvnmcwebn
Website

Hi gocom, I have a samsung Tocco lite.
Browser just returns an invalid response from the txp log on. Wonder if I can get some kind of upload app for it like you mentioned. Will look into it.
-thanks

photogallery

#4 2009-10-04 00:26:18

woof

Hi Kevin. Just a thought — maybe you could set up a tumblr or posterus account which allows you to easily upload pics and text from a mobile then include the content on your TXP site using an RSS parser such as aks_rss ?

#5 2009-10-04 01:10:28

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

kvnmcwebn wrote:

I think a flickr gallery plug in is the only way to go unless someone has another idea?

Yeah, and it’s really simple too. The Tocco Lite should also support flickr and photobucket direct send by default ;) (even that the phone is really cheap).

Altho you should be able to login to TXP backend too. What browsers have you tried?

#6 2009-10-04 09:52:37

kvnmcwebn
Website

Gocom wrote:

Altho you should be able to login to TXP backend too. What browsers have you tried?

Hi Gocom I just use the native browser that came with the phone, it’s a a WAP 2.0 browser. So that’s a webkit based browser all cookies and javascript settings are turned on. I get that error quite a bit though when browsing the web, must look it up. And yeah it does come with a flickr widget which works well so I’m just gonna use that with the flickr plug in. Yeahs it’s a cheap phone but it seems pretty robust in features, just doesn’t have 3G but no network here for that anyway.

John that’s basically the same as your solution just using flickr. Cheers.

Last edited by kvnmcwebn (2009-10-04 09:53:31)

photogallery

#7 2010-02-21 10:06:51

teepee

I once attempted to blog using my phone and I just ended up frustrated. perhaps my browser is not compatible or what, page display takes forever or none at all. It’s a wast of time and my effort maybe I just need a new phone that totally supports blogging.

#8 2010-05-25 02:42:18

mrtunes
Website

every once in a while i try to blog from the iphone but it can be really hard, especially if you want to prepare an image to include in the post. even if i found an app to help resize it, you can’t really upload files on the iphone like you do on a normal computer.

#9 2010-06-21 22:07:21

BNoland

Posterous is extremely easy and works great by phone. You should consider an account on the site.

B.Noland

Board footer