Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2010-01-17 15:34:35

aswihart
Website

Re: bot_show_image

Hey redbot, would it be too hard to make it so you can display all article images (with alternating “even” and “odd” classes if it isn’t asking too much) instead of just the one?

#26 2010-01-17 19:50:16

redbot
Plugin Author

aswihart wrote:

Hey redbot, would it be too hard to make it so you can display all article images (with alternating “even” and “odd” classes if it isn’t asking too much) instead of just the one?

Hi aswihart,
you are not the first to ask for this feature but – I’m sorry – I don’t think I’ll add it for the following reasons:

1. It’s not so easy because I should think of a way to show them all, especially if there are a lot of images.
  2. I have no free time at all lately
  3. If I had some free time I’d prefer to write some new plugin

That said, maybe someday I’ll need this functionality and I’ll be forced to add it but I don’t think this will happen soon… sorry

#27 2010-04-23 15:45:18

mrdale
Website

Hey bot > I use this and am starting to use bot_wtc a lot. Thanks.

Maybe you should merge them both, or allow wtc to know about bot_si so that you can position it.

#28 2010-04-23 16:21:03

redbot
Plugin Author

mrdale wrote:

…Maybe you should merge them both, or allow wtc to know about bot_si so that you can position it.

Hi mrdale,
unfortunately you seem to be the only one to have a lot of problems with my plugins :(
Actually they should be already working well together, I’ve used them a lot of times with no problems at all.
As with other issues you had this is a mistery to me, given that bot_si inserts on purpose the image in the p surrounding the article image field, so that it can be moved with bot_wtc.
Can you tell me what happens when you try to reposition the article image field?

#29 2010-06-02 12:23:00

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

This plugin would be very useful for my client – but I’m seeing broken links instead of the images. I’ve checked the html source of the page and it seems to be looking in the /images/ directory for image, but I actually store images in /images/cms/. I guess I can edit the plugin source to rectify but shouldn’t it take the directory cues from the main admin preferences anyway (where I have defined the /images/cms/ directory already)?

Anyway, thanks for the plugin.

#30 2010-06-02 14:21:05

redbot
Plugin Author

philwareham wrote:

…but shouldn’t it take the directory cues from the main admin preferences anyway (where I have defined the /images/cms/ directory already)?

Yes you are perfectly right, this plugin is not so elaborated… originally I wrote it for myself so I got accustomed to edit it directly

… I guess I can edit the plugin source to rectify

Sure. Just change line 62 and 65 replacing:

img src="'.hu.'images/ with img src="'.hu.'your_dir/

…Anyway, thanks for the plugin.

Glad you found it useful.
FYI I’ll release soon a similar plugin that will let you also upload and edit images directly within the “write” tab.

#31 2010-06-02 15:00:40

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Many thanks for the reply redbot.

I did amend the target directly thanks, as the plugin was nicely made and easy to follow. I also customised the image area from a default square to a landscape format by amending the line:

$image_size = 165;

to (in my case):

$image_size_w = 100;
$image_size_h = 67;

and made the necessary adjustments throughtout the rest of the script to accommodate that change. Maybe you should include that in your next update as it gives a little more flexibility?

#32 2010-06-02 15:59:55

redbot
Plugin Author

Hi again,
I don’t know if I will still update this plugin, given that I’m in the process of writing onother one of this sort from scratch.
In the upcoming one I’ll use thumbnails only, leaving them in the size they are (no more forcing a square shape) and I’ll drop the use of full images because it can lead to excessive load times when they are very big (now the full image is resized throught html so there is no real weight loss).
I’ll keep anyway into account your suggestion if in the future I’ll decide to update this plugin.

#33 2010-06-02 16:30:03

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Sounds good, look forward to seeing/using it.

Board footer