Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-04-26 08:24:27

Siguo

looks the tag privs is not used anywhere?

I’m trying to design a full role-based access control system for txp, so I dive into admin_config.php to find what’s the meanning of each permissions. every is ok except the TAG permission. I thinks it’s used by the tag builder in txp_tag.php, but I can’t find where it’s used, so I can’t find it’s meanning:

$txp_permissions = array(
	'tag'                         => '1,2,3,4,5,6',
);

who can help me? thanks.

Last edited by Siguo (2010-04-26 08:25:00)

#2 2010-04-26 09:00:45

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: looks the tag privs is not used anywhere?

Siguo wrote:

I thinks it’s used by the tag builder in txp_tag.php

I think you’re right; but I can’t find any mention of it either. Hmmmm, I wonder what it’s for?

Maybe it was put in the config file and it’s not needed any more because anyone who has access to the Presentation->Forms/Pages tabs automatically has access to the tag builder? And since it’s defined so all priv levels have access to it, there’s probably no need for it anyway. I’ll take a better look around but I think it’s superfluous now (or the code where it was used accidentally fell out of the core!)

Thanks for highlighting it. BTW, if you’re looking at roles/permissions, please take a quick look at this post. I’ve made some inroads into roles recently so if you want to share code or discuss methods I could perhaps save you some time by letting you know where I’ve failed and my current thinking on how it could be done. Get in touch by e-mail if you want to chat about it.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer