Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-04-01 12:35:38

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Paging has disappeared

I seem to have lost the ability to page over on thebombsite. That linked page is an article listing and should have paging at the bottom, indeed it did have but it’s disappeared. I still have paging for individual_article view.

I’ve tried removing scripts and shutting down plugins but to no avail. The site is in debugging mode so you can view the source for diagnostics. It seems to run through the paging tags without problem but there is simply no output.

The site is at r3334 and I did update about 3 or 4 days ago. I can’t pinpoint that as being the time the paging disappeared but it does seem coincidental so I am wondering if anything in the update is amiss.

Any ideas?

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#2 2010-04-01 21:38:23

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Paging has disappeared

thebombsite wrote:

It seems to run through the paging tags without problem but there is simply no output.

Freaky. I’m running a fairly bog-standard article list affair on my dev site at r3336 and I’m seeing the older and newer tags doing their stuff. I just have the usual:

<txp:article limit="5" listform="article_listing" />
<txp:if_individual_article>
// link_to_prev/next tags
<txp:else />
// older/newer tags
</txp:if_individual_article>

kind of layout in my page, with the if_category and if_search bits above that. I wonder if there’s something in the recent update that’s confounding more complex page setups? I hope not. Two things you could do to satisfy my curiosity please:

1. Check you’ve updated your language strings and see if that helps
  2. If that makes no difference, please post the salient points of your Page template (mail them to me if you prefer to keep your trade secrets safe :-) so I can try a similar setup on my site and check I’ve not done something stupid

Many thanks.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2010-04-03 20:04:53

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Paging has disappeared

Stuart kindly sent me his page code and helped me debug/test this. r3338 is the antidote which now won’t clobber your article pagination unless you explicitly give linklist, image_list or file_download_list the go-ahead to do so via the pageby attribute.

Thanks Stuart.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer