Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2010-01-18 19:27:36

afewimages

Re: soo_image: simple yet powerful image tags

jsoo wrote:

Sounds great — I’d like to see it when you’re done.
BTW have uploaded an updated version of soo_txp_obj to remove the extra line break. Version number unchanged.
(Also updated soo_image, mainly a documentation update, so again no version number change.)

That is fast! I have installed it and can see the a-tag is now in place. The closing li-tag still isn’t and i can’t see how to change this… Maybe it is in the scriptcode of the ColorBox jquery file? I’ll see. I’ll let you know when the site is ready. You can see the current one (afewimages.com)

Steven.

#62 2010-01-18 19:35:39

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

candyman wrote:

if I remember well, the prevous version of soo_image could be installed without activating the soo_txp_obj. I wanted only let to know you this.

Actually, no, it’s always been a requirement. However it isn’t a problem until you try to load a page containing a tag from the plugin.

Last edited by jsoo (2010-01-18 19:36:21)

Code is topiary

#63 2010-01-18 19:39:35

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

afewimages wrote:

I have installed it and can see the a-tag is now in place. The closing li-tag still isn’t and i can’t see how to change this… Maybe it is in the scriptcode of the ColorBox jquery file? I’ll see. I’ll let you know when the site is ready. You can see the current one (afewimages.com)

I’d look in the image form first. There’s probably a blank line at the end. Or if you have any conditionals or extra tags that don’t always produce output, and there is a line break in there somewhere.

I’m quite certain it’s not in the javascript, because the HTML source you see is pre-js.

Last edited by jsoo (2010-01-18 19:41:51)

Code is topiary

#64 2010-01-18 20:00:55

afewimages

jsoo wrote:
I’d look in the image form first. There’s probably a blank line at the end. Or if you have any conditionals or extra tags that don’t always produce output, and there is a line break in there somewhere.
I’m quite certain it’s not in the javascript, because the HTML source you see is pre-js.

INDEED you are right. There was this very invisible, not to see, linebreak in the form. Sometimes, life is simple….

Steven.

#65 2010-03-21 20:24:43

afewimages

Hi, me again.
Finishing my site I came across this:
The pagination tags: It seems that there is no clever way to let the Next link know there aren’t anymore images? You can endless click on the Next link…

Or is there a way?

Steven.

#66 2010-03-22 02:11:04

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

afewimages wrote:

It seems that there is no clever way to let the Next link know there aren’t anymore images? You can endless click on the Next link…

soo_image_next and soo_image_prev should not produce any output unless there is an actual next or previous page to link to. Are you using more than one soo_image_select tag on the page?

Code is topiary

#67 2010-03-23 19:57:14

afewimages

jsoo,

this is a piece of the code i use on a gallerypage:
<txp:if_category> <div id="imagegallery"> <txp:soo_image_select form="soo" wraptag="ul" break="li" class="gallery" category='<txp:category />' /> </div> <txp:else /> <h3>Gallery</h3> <div id="imagegallery"> <txp:soo_image_select form="soo" sort="date asc" wraptag="ul" break="li" class="gallery" category='<txp:category_list type="image" break="," exclude="exclude"><txp:category /></txp:category_list>' limit="24" /> </div> </txp:if_category> <div class="paging"> <p><txp:soo_image_prev link_text="Prev" /><txp:soo_image_next link_text="Next" /></p> </div>

Steven.

#68 2010-03-23 23:10:10

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

I’m unable to duplicate the error. I’m assuming you’re only seeing this when not on a category page (because you haven’t set a limit in the other case)? Is there by chance an issue with images that don’t have thumbnails? Are the Next links truly endless (what happens if you put soo_img_pg=9999 in the URL)?

Code is topiary

#69 2010-03-25 19:53:21

afewimages

jsoo wrote:

I’m unable to duplicate the error. I’m assuming you’re only seeing this when not on a category page (because you haven’t set a limit in the other case)? Is there by chance an issue with images that don’t have thumbnails? Are the Next links truly endless (what happens if you put soo_img_pg=9999 in the URL)?

Nothing happens jsoo. I can still see the last 4 images. I can go endless clicking on the next-button.

#70 2010-03-25 21:56:18

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Please post or make available a full tag trace for a mis-behaving page.

Code is topiary

#71 2010-03-27 14:02:31

afewimages

Hi jsoo,

I have just finished my site and it is live now (for ALL to see ;)
afewimages.com

Please take a look. See the gallery page for the above ‘problem’.

thanks, Steven.

#72 2010-03-28 00:04:27

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

OK, easy enough for me to see where the problem is now. The little {4 from gallery} section at the bottom is resetting the relevant soo_image globals (that’s why I asked earlier if there were other soo_image_select tags on the page). You have 76 images, which is why starting on page 19 you no longer see a Next link (it’s counting based on 4 per page).

My immediate thought is to add an attribute to disable pagination for a particular soo_image_select tag, but I’ll think it over a bit more before making a change.

Code is topiary

Board footer