Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2010-02-24 13:14:50

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Re: TXP Tweet: arc_twitter and arc_twitter_intents

I’ve released an update to arc_twitter (v0.2.2) that fixes the integer storage issue mentioned above. The bug in earlier versions does not affect the workings of the plugin, but may have an impact on future releases as I intend to make use of this data.

jens31 wrote:

thanks for the nice plug-in, works like a charm.
i just got one little problem.
my html entities get converted
the entity for > ends up in > because the & in > gets converted into &

jens31, where are the html entities being converted? Is this when posting to Twitter or when retrieving Twitter feeds.

#38 2010-02-24 18:12:07

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

high and thanks for repligh ;)

the tweets look fine to me:
http://twitter.com/sscgroup
while the feed itself doesnt:
http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/90418194.rss

hmmm
looks like this aint your problem, innit??

Last edited by jens31 (2010-02-24 18:12:50)

#39 2010-03-04 21:18:21

trailgirl
Website

Great plugin! Thank you!

I am getting this same error message as decoderltd reported. The tweet is going to twitter okay. I am running version 0.2.2 of the plugin, production status is live.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /…/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 369

#40 2010-03-04 21:32:48

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

One idea for arc_twitter… Can you add an option to include a hashtag for a specific section? I kind of hacked this in for my own needs, but it’s not as polished as to justify a release.

In my case I have two blogs tweeting on one account. It would be nice to tag the tweets whether they are relevant to one blog or the other. However it would probably make sense to add hashtags for sections or categories because most people won’t be using one twitter account for two blogs.

Anyway, great plugin :-)

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#41 2010-03-09 17:19:30

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

I have arc_twitter running in a multisite setup now and it produces errors in the front- and backend:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in /my/www/site/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()‘d code on line 432
This error was brought to you by:arc_twitter

Is this due to some hard-coded paths or something? At first glance I didn’t find anything suspicious in the code, so the question is, has the plugin been successfully tested in a multisite environment yet?

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#42 2010-03-09 19:01:46

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Stephan, I may be misunderstanding which line the error is occurring on but there don’t seem to be any issues in the code at that point. However, it appears to be the line that sets the cache directory. I’ve no experience of using Textpattern in a multisite environment so am unsure of how it handles these things. How does your setup handle image and file directories?

trailgirl, ummm this annoying little problem seems persistent. I’ve not heard anything from decoderltd as to whether or not the problem they were having was sorted out or not. Perhaps I need to look into this again. I will attempt to investigate this further some time this week.

#43 2010-03-09 19:14:38

trailgirl
Website

Thanks, monkeyninja. I’m also going to do a new install of textpattern on another site this week, will let you know if I get the same error.

#44 2010-03-09 19:33:16

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Again, I failed miserably. When I moved my site to the new host (and multisite config) I forgot to adjust the paths according to the new server structure. arc_twitter works just fine, thanks for the great work!

#45 2010-03-14 02:37:05

whaleen
Website

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere – can’t seem to find out: Is it possible to to have ‘Update Twitter’ set to ‘No’ by default?

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#46 2010-03-14 20:51:40

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

whaleen wrote:

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere – can’t seem to find out: Is it possible to to have ‘Update Twitter’ set to ‘No’ by default?

You can now. I’ve just released arc_twitter version 0.2.3 that includes this option (plugin preference screen). I was also needing this feature so decided it was about time it got put in there.

This release also has what I really hope will fix that non-object error that a couple of you have been finding. trailgirl, I’d appreciate it if you could try the latest release on the site you were having problems with and let me know how you get on. Thanks.

#47 2010-03-14 21:11:18

trailgirl
Website

Thanks, monkeyninja, I still get the error, different line# this time: eval()’d code on line 379 But it does work fine, sends out to twitter.

I have another site to check, as soon as I go live with it (on localhost right now), then I might know if it has something to do with my txp upgrade.

#48 2010-03-14 22:14:06

whaleen
Website

You can now. I’ve just released arc_twitter version 0.2.3 that includes this option (plugin preference screen). I was also needing this feature so decided it was about time it got put in there.

Thanks Andy. Great plugin.

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

Board footer