Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-03-09 12:24:48

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Multisite is super (except for one little thing)

I just recently got the chance to try out the multisite feature introduced in 4.2.0 – and despite my first (minor) issues with it (I blame the man 30cm away from my screen) it works great!

The biggest problem was finding a new webhost that allowed me to actually make adjustments to VirtualHost directives in the httpd.conf.

What I like best is that – finally – I could get rid of the mysite.de/textpattern folder in favor of its own subdomain. Something I wanted to do for years.

But there is one little thing that still bugs me. Actually this may (or not?) be related to a specific plugin:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in /my/www/site/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 432
This error was brought to you by:arc_twitter

Has anyone seen anything similar with other plugins or arc_twitter? I only need to activate the plugin and even when set to “Live” my site shows this error.

Update: Of course it works great, assuming you set all the paths correctly. My mistake and multisite really is that cool!

Last edited by stephan (2010-03-09 19:34:19)

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#2 2010-03-09 16:37:16

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Multisite is super (except for one little thing)

stephan wrote:

Actually this may (or not?) be related to a specific plugin:

Maybe not, but that is certainly where I’d start looking. Have you posted in the plugin support thread? Possibly there is a file path used by the plugin that is no longer valid in the multisite configuration. Is the plugin otherwise working correctly?

Code is topiary

#3 2010-03-09 19:34:54

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Multisite is super (except for one little thing)

Jeff, thanks for pointing me to the right direction. It was all my fault.

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

Board footer