Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2010-01-25 11:44:33

geoff777
Plugin Author
Website

Re: TXP Tweet: arc_twitter and arc_twitter_intents

Hi,

I regularly tweet articles. (over 6,000 tweets so far!) This will save me a lot of time.

Although there isn´t a set way to tweet, most people who use hash tags add them before the URL.

I easily changed this in the plugin code.

Thanks for this plugin.

Geoff

Follow www.the-rock-of-gibraltar.com on Twitter

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

#26 2010-02-01 18:30:54

decoderltd
Website

Hi Andy,

Congrats on a really useful plug-in and it’s very elegantly implemented.

It doesn’t look like a similar error from an earlier post was solved, but when I try and tweet an article I get the following error:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /..../textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 360

Everything looks fine in the Twitter extension tab where I can see my current tweets, any ideas on what could be causing the error?

UPDATE:
I’ve used the plug-in a couple of times now and it’s actually sending the tweet, but still throwing-up the above error and the Twitter panel doesn’t update showing that the tweet has been posted. Anyone have any ideas, it’s not ideal for clients to be confronted with such cryptic messages!

Last edited by decoderltd (2010-02-03 11:40:13)

#27 2010-02-04 13:32:18

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

decoderltd wrote:

Hi Andy,

Congrats on a really useful plug-in and it’s very elegantly implemented.

It doesn’t look like a similar error from an earlier post was solved, but when I try and tweet an article I get the following error:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /..../textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 360

Everything looks fine in the Twitter extension tab where I can see my current tweets, any ideas on what could be causing the error?

UPDATE:
I’ve used the plug-in a couple of times now and it’s actually sending the tweet, but still throwing-up the above error and the Twitter panel doesn’t update showing that the tweet has been posted. Anyone have any ideas, it’s not ideal for clients to be confronted with such cryptic messages!

Whilst testing the plugin I have yet to come across this error myself. You say that it is actually updating Twitter, just not recording this on the website. Could you point me in the direction of the specific tweets sent? It may enable me to recreate a similar error when testing the plugin.

I had originally said I would add error reporting into the plugin. I still intend doing this and it was briefly considered for the last release, but the way the plugin is called in the article edit screen adds a little complication to this that needed some careful thought so wasn’t built in as part of the v0.2 release. I will take a look at the code over the next few days to see about integrating this functionality in and also at least find a way of suppressing the unsightly error message from PHP.

Hopefully we will be able to track down the cause of this error and kill it for good soon.

#28 2010-02-04 14:10:19

decoderltd
Website

Thanks for getting back to me Andy.

You can view the actual Tweets on our Twitter page, they are the two ‘just posted’ entries near the top – and the articles that generated them are here and here. Or did you need something more specific?

#29 2010-02-04 17:53:42

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Hi,

Thanks for the plugin, looks great. One feature request though, it would be handy to have the option of not tweeting articles by default (so the user has to turn it on per required article). On my site it would only be news items and blog items that would need to be tweeted really, so an opt-in method as opposed to an opt-out method would be a handy option. Could be part of the preferences (similar to the comments toggle).

#30 2010-02-08 18:47:12

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

decoderltd wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me Andy.

You can view the actual Tweets on our Twitter page, they are the two ‘just posted’ entries near the top – and the articles that generated them are here and here. Or did you need something more specific?

If the articles are actually being tweeted then it sounds like the problem is with whatever Twitter is returning to Textpattern. It sounds like the plugin is working fine otherwise.

I didn’t get the time over the weekend that I had hoped for to work on this. I’ll attempt to put together something for you this week that will provide some form of error reporting. This should at least help us to understand what Twitter is returning (if anything). I’ll also make sure that the PHP error is fixed so that it no longer appears (as it is just plain ugly to see that).

Out of interest, has the plugin ever returned the tweet on article submission or have you always had this error? I’m just a little confused as I (and others) haven’t had this problem.

philwareham wrote:

Thanks for the plugin, looks great. One feature request though, it would be handy to have the option of not tweeting articles by default (so the user has to turn it on per required article).

I’ll see what I can do for you (it would be helpful to me too).

#31 2010-02-09 11:45:05

decoderltd
Website

Thanks Andy. In response to your question, yes, the error has always occurred – but at least if the PHP message doesn’t appear it looks better to clients.

#32 2010-02-13 12:25:02

SuMu
Website

It works for me :-)
Is ist possibel to show the blog-article title as as hyperlink on twitter?

Ganz frisch: Twitter http://tinyurl.com/y8funmm

and in the future or next version of the plugin ;-):

Ganz frisch: Twitter

Last edited by SuMu (2010-02-13 13:12:16)

viele Grüße
SuMu

Psychomuell + blogZicke

#33 2010-02-14 16:37:53

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

decoderltd wrote:

Thanks Andy. In response to your question, yes, the error has always occurred – but at least if the PHP message doesn’t appear it looks better to clients.

I’ve just uploaded version 0.2.1 which should hopefully have removed the error message. In trying to get to the route of this issue I have discovered that there is a problem with the way the plugin attempts to store the Twitter IDs in the database; basically a 64-bit integer is attempting to be stored in a 32-bit integer column. As a result the plugin is not correctly recording the tweet IDs. I’m wondering whether this is in part related to your issue.

I am working on a way of fixing this problem for the next release as I was planning on making use of this data in a future release. The main issue is how to put something together that will ensure people successfully upgrade between versions. For the time being it will have no effect on the workings of the plugin.

#34 2010-02-14 16:39:13

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

SuMu wrote:

It works for me :-)
Is ist possibel to show the blog-article title as as hyperlink on twitter?

I don’t believe that Twitter will let you do this sadly (although correct me if I am wrong, just never seen it being done).

#35 2010-02-15 07:19:25

SuMu
Website

Yes you are right, monkeyninja!

viele Grüße
SuMu

Psychomuell + blogZicke

#36 2010-02-22 16:41:32

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

hi

thanks for the nice plug-in, works like a charm.
i just got one little problem.
my html entities get converted
the entity for > ends up in > because the & in > gets converted into &

i would be cool to have an “escape” option..

Board footer