Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2009-11-04 19:19:15

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_admin_themes: Manage, edit, switch and share admin-side themes

Try v0.13 which addresses the ereg_replace thing and the stuff candyman pointed out. Thanks both of you.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-11-04 20:31:19)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#74 2009-11-04 20:09:14

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hell Stef, that actually works. Thank you. I might just send you an image for your trouble. ;)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#75 2009-11-05 17:10:17

mlarino

What all this I get in the “admin themes tab”?

Notice: Undefined index: smd_at_global_skin in /home/santyguti6860/domains/santygutierrez.com/public_html/santy/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 339

Notice: Undefined index: smd_at_crush in /home/santyguti6860/domains/santygutierrez.com/public_html/santy/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 347

Notice: Undefined index: smd_at_global_skin in /home/santyguti6860/domains/santygutierrez.com/public_html/santy/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 339

Notice: Undefined index: smd_at_crush in /home/santyguti6860/domains/santygutierrez.com/public_html/santy/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 347

#76 2009-11-05 18:02:35

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Have you clicked on the “Preferences” button on the admin_themes page and saved your preferences yet?

Stuart

#77 2009-11-05 18:04:12

mlarino

Good point “thebombsite”! :)

#78 2009-11-09 18:15:35

mlarino

I am still having a problem:

I see this in the tab
Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/sites/mlarino.com/public_html/santy/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 324

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/sites/mlarino.com/public_html/santy/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 324

#79 2009-11-09 19:57:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

mlarino wrote:

I am still having a problem:

Ah, that’s because I just found out that Stuart has put Textgarden into maintenance mode and he’s moving things around. I’ve updated the plugin to make it more robust so you won’t see those warnings in this eventuality in future. Just waiting for confirmation of the final URL structure from Stuart and I’ll upload the new version.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-11-09 19:57:49)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#80 2009-11-09 20:26:09

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

New maintenance version v0.14 is out. It simply improves robustness in the event Textgarden is down, and the admin theme list URLs have been altered in line with the changes Stuart is making to the site (thanks for the heads-up, Sir).

Anyone who’s getting the errors mlarino posted above, upgrade to the latest version to silence them. When Textgarden comes back online the feeds will resume from their new location.

#81 2009-12-30 19:47:23

pogonik
Website

Two (for me) important questions…

1. Is there a posibility to change the order of elements without modifying files in includes folder? For example, I want to put “text/html/preview” horizontally above “body” textarea in write tab…
  2. Is there a posibility to use a div’s instead of tables? Cos I see that everything is wrapped in tables

#82 2009-12-31 00:56:35

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

pogonik wrote:

Is there a posibility to change the order of elements… Is there a posibility to use a div’s instead of tables?

Both depend on your level of cunning. Technically, admin_themes are only supposed to change stuff in the header and footer of the page; everything in the middle is down to plugins. So your second point about employing divs instead of tables depends on which tables you want to change :-)

If you want to change the tables in the navigation tabs at the top then you can do that fairly easily. Look at Stuart’s excellent classic2 for an example of how to do this.

Swapping elements around can be done in a theme if you wish but it’s not advisable to do so without careful consideration of any plugins that might rely on the whereabouts of that particular feature. Moving the html/preview/text segment is not trivial but you might be able to do it with CSS (though currently I doubt it) or jQuery. Alternatively you could probably do something using the pluggable_ui() callback in the core. There’s one with event = article_ui / step = view which directly addresses the vertical tab bar. You could simply clear that part of the interface, then write your own tab bar and inject it into some other pluggable_ui() position (e.g. in front of step=body).

Does that kind of answer your questions?

Last edited by Bloke (2009-12-31 01:51:54)

#83 2009-12-31 01:46:18

pogonik
Website

As always, very extensive and detailed answer.

Thanks!

#84 2010-02-07 14:34:34

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

So relating back to the other thread, when I suggested that zip was more universal I was talking about on a computer rather than in the website environment. Essentially the files on Textgarden are intended for “download” to a computer rather than “import” directly to a site. I have no problem with the import idea, but I want to supply a download file that everyone can unpack without too much trouble. At the end of the day, whilst importing is no doubt quicker, downloading,unpacking and uploading really doesn’t take long and everyone can do it.

I’m going to have another go at importing the various file types myself. Your suggestion that I should be able to use tar bothers me so I shall give it another go.

One thing is for sure though. I shall only offer one type of file on Textgarden. For one thing splitting a theme into 2 or 3 file types will pose a problem for the “popularity” listing which is an integral part of the site but another reason is that I think it will pose a problem for the “feed” side of things. You would probably know more about that than me though. ;)

Stuart

Board footer