Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-12-08 07:35:01

fdsafdsa
Website

[textile] i need a textile add on for vanilla forum

i ‘m using vanilla forum 1.

there is a textile addon http://vanillaforums.org/addon/35/textile
but i find it’s unavaible for some tags like “ “ to show images.

i’m searching it.lany one got a hand

#2 2009-12-08 07:57:58

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: [textile] i need a textile add on for vanilla forum

Hi fdsafdsa,

I made that addon for vanilla 1 years ago and it uses the standard textpattern class from the textpattern installation. It does not add or bar any functionality that is already in textile but it uses “textileRestricted” for security reasons. There are some config settings for the addon such as “disable inline images” and also “use textile lite”. You can switch those off, if you find certain tags aren’t working but it enables your guests to do more than you perhaps want in a forum.

Also, as it says in the thread, you can download the textpattern zip to obtain a more recent version of classTextile.php that may have fixed the odd textile rendering bug.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2009-12-09 03:14:40

fdsafdsa
Website

i’m sorry? i don’t know how to handle it.

#4 2009-12-09 17:29:48

jakob
Admin
Website

Log in as an admin in vanilla. Go to settings, then look under addons (extensions) > textile settings. You’ll see a screen where you can change the settings. On the screen it says:

The Textile Formatter applies textile formatting to forum users’ input. In its default state it uses the strictest settings possible for maximum security. Administrators can relax the settings as follows:
Textile Lite: When switched on, only regular text, textile links and blockquotes are allowed with bold, italic and other stylistic modifiers. Switch off Textile Lite to allow the use of other block-level tags such as lists, code quoting etc. using textile.

Below that there are tick boxes for switching on/off textile lite and allowing/disabling inline images which will allow you to use !mypath/image.jpg! syntax. Experiment with the settings until you get what you want.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#5 2009-12-20 18:03:35

fdsafdsa
Website

Thanks jakob

Board footer