Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-12-08 18:23:24

nabrown78
Website

Re: [textile] Definition lists in Textile

lythande – Excellent. Definition lists can really come in handy. Maybe this mod could be posted on the textpattern.org site? (Textpattern Resources) ? It’d be nice to have the modified classTextile.php in a handy, public place.

#14 2009-12-08 21:10:46

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Yes, thanks Lythande. Definition lists are on the list of things to add to TXP, so your mod will come in very handy. Much appreciated.

Perhaps the “handy, public place” could become Textpattern itself fairly soon, especially since textpattern.org is going to become plugins-only sometime in the future:-)

Last edited by Bloke (2009-12-08 21:11:28)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#15 2009-12-09 04:43:17

lythande
Website

much thanks!

but my code for dl-list is from branchiopoda and i havent see the new thoughts for making another code for dl on this thread

sorry, I havent much learn to work with php (only to read this a little bit) and can only switch the html-code in this file (for abbr instead acronym) and have crab the code for dl-list from branchiopoda-code and insert it to the actual file for 4.2.0 ;)
Edit: I forgot that ive add "linktext'quote'":url -> <a href="url">linktext"quote"</a> :)

but maybe its now a little bit easier for them, they make the code for dl-list better?

Now you can downloading the php-file as a txt-file from my website directly: classTextile.php.txt

Edit: look here in the new topic for get the newiest Extensions for classTextile.php

best regards
Lythande

Last edited by lythande (2011-06-26 10:11:23)

#16 2010-05-04 14:12:39

alanfluff
Website

Definition lists are on the list of things to add to TXP

Hurrah! Agree Textile is not meant as a replacement for HTML, but DL’s are so often the right semantic choice, it’s slightly painful teaching non coders to use Textile’s equiv strong and H's when one knows a DL is a closer match to describe the content. I’m sure this is one case where it’s merited to add a little more to Textile armoury :)

Happy Camper. Cheers, -Alan

At LAST I’ve cheerfully donated to the core devs at #TXP. I only wish I were able to give more. Thanks to the devs and ALL fellow TXPers. -A

#17 2010-05-04 21:00:07

lythande
Website

lythande schrieb:

Now you can downloading the php-file as a txt-file from my website directly: classTextile.php.txt

oops, after provider-removal I forgot to correct the link to my download on my site. Now I repair this and sorry for that!

Edit: my files for dl-list are updated, Ive “add the new classTextile.php from Bloke with my extensions” (with <abbr> instead <acronym>)
Look at the new Topic for install Extensions for classTextile.php

If you have the classTextile.php from me and wish to add this information in Textile Help – now I add this!
Edit the Informations are updated for the new classTextile.php and new dl-list NEW and is supplemented with some other useful notations.

In download-arena the article above there two files txp_article.php, one for german- and one for english-user.

If you need it for another language or wish back a information, feel free to change this! I’ve mark the new content or comment out it in txp_article.php

And if you dont use the dtj_obfuscated_email-Plugin, then comment out this. a descibtion is on the top of the file, which you download on my site.

best regards
Lythande

Last edited by lythande (2011-06-26 10:20:22)

#18 2010-06-07 20:53:44

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Definition lists are go.

The syntax adopts the mediawiki system:

• semicolon for the start of a list and to specify a <dt>
  • colon for a <dd>
  • multiple terms and multiple definitions are permitted
  • term-less definitions are also supported
  • nested definitions are supported using double-semicolon and double-colon, the same way ul and ol can
  • the first item can take class and id in parentheses, again just like ol and ul lists

This example flexes pretty much all of its muscles:

;(class#id) Term 1
: Def 1
: Def 2
: Def 3
;; Center
;; Centre
:: Subdef 1
:: Subdef 2
;;; SubSub Term
::: SubSub Def 1
::: SubSub Def 2
::: SubSub Def 3
::: SubSub Def 4
:: Subdef 3
: Def 4
; Term 2
: Another def
: And another
: One more
:: A def without a term
:: More defness
; Third term for good measure
: My definition of a boombastic jazz

Enjoy.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-06-07 20:54:15)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#19 2010-06-07 20:58:33

els

Oh lovely! Thanks heaps!!

#20 2010-06-07 21:03:36

alanfluff
Website

Brilliant! Thanks to all who made-it-so!

Am I right in thinking this is available now by using a ‘dev’ build of 4.2.0, so if I want to stick to ‘production’ builds I now know this is coming in the future? Or is it ‘installable’ on top of a 4.2.0; like a plugin is? I checked out the code.google but got confused (it’s not easy to do that, sorry).

Cheers, -Alan

At LAST I’ve cheerfully donated to the core devs at #TXP. I only wish I were able to give more. Thanks to the devs and ALL fellow TXPers. -A

#21 2010-06-07 21:17:40

els

I think we can just replace classTextile.php, right?

#22 2010-06-07 21:19:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

alanfluff wrote:

Am I right in thinking this is available now by using a ‘dev’ build of 4.2.0

Yes. If you check out the latest SVN build (there’s one known bug with image_list which’ll be squashed very soon) from the google code area it’s essentially an entire copy of TXP that you can upload as if you grabbed an official version. If you overwrite an existing site, back up first of course :-)

However, in this instance classTextile.php is actually a completely standalone module so you could get away with just browsing the SVN repo and dowloading classTextile.php. Then just replace your existing textpattern/lib/classTextile.php with that one (backup first) and you can have definition lists now.

Caveat destructor and all the usual get-out-of-jail-free terminology accompanies these instructions, which will self-destruct in 5 seconds…

Edit: wot Els said :-D

Last edited by Bloke (2010-06-07 21:19:52)

#23 2010-06-07 21:21:44

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for this very useful addition. I love the <dl>.

Code is topiary

#24 2010-06-07 21:22:53

jakob
Admin
Website

Another fan says thanks!

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer