Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#51 2009-09-08 18:20:24

Gerich

Re: smd_admin_themes: Manage, edit, switch and share admin-side themes

I have installed the plugin, but when I’m go to Extensions -> Admin themes tab, I get an error:
Notice: Undefined variable: smd_at_prefs in C:\AppServ\www\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 107

Notice: Undefined variable: smd_at_prefs in C:\AppServ\www\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 108

#52 2009-09-08 20:46:33

Bloke
Developer
Website

Gerich wrote:

I have installed the plugin, but when I’m go to Extensions -> Admin themes tab, I get an error:

Oops, sorry, this is fixed in v0.11 but I’m still tweaking it so it’s not ready quite yet. Hopefully in the next day or two. In the meantime, go to line 100 of the plugin where it reads:

global $smd_at_event, $prefs, $theme, $smd_core_themes, ... etc

and add , $smd_at_prefs to the list. That’ll stop the plugin whining.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#53 2009-09-09 12:51:07

Gerich

Ok. I did it and no have that errors, but have a new one:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\AppServ\www\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 291
:)

#54 2009-09-09 14:21:52

Bloke
Developer
Website

Gerich wrote:

Ok. I did it and no have that errors, but have a new one:

Rats, that’s a problem as it tries to get the feed from Textgarden. Either Textgarden was down when you tried (unlikely) or your version of PHP can’t read the URL for whatever reason (is allow_url_fopen on?)

Either way I’ll have to build in a shorter timeout and/or degrade if it can’t find the feed. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. For now you could try adding this at line 270 (before $feed = '';):

$transport = '';

Though it’s untested, that should hopefully stop it trying to get feed info and, with luck, won’t cause any errors further down the line.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#55 2009-09-15 04:40:54

bici
Website

Howdy Bloke.

Just downloaded and installed the plugin… but i got all the errors noted above re line 107 , 108 etc… Have I downloaded the wrong file? what is the latest number available?

many thnx
cheers

Last edited by bici (2009-09-15 04:41:10)

…. texted postive

#56 2009-09-15 07:43:11

jpdupont
Website

Hi Stef,

On a upgraded site (last 420) : no problem.
On a fresh new site :

Notices Undefined index: smd_at_global_skin and smd_at_crush

Also : “option” is not there on the plugin tab, near your plugin.

#57 2009-09-15 07:44:00

Bloke
Developer
Website

bici wrote:

i got all the errors noted above re line 107 , 108 etc…

You have the right version. v0.11 is getting there; but since it contains a new shortcut mechanism for using css constants I want to be sure I’ve got it right before I unleash it on the world.

The warnings you see are only warnings: either apply the one-line patch noted above or ignore them :-)

#58 2009-09-15 08:12:36

Bloke
Developer
Website

jpdupont wrote:

Notices Undefined index: smd_at_global_skin and smd_at_crush. Also : “option” is not there on the plugin tab, near your plugin.

Odd. Sounds like the plugin hasn’t auto-installed the prefs and is not responding to the ‘prefs’ event. It should have done that. I’ll check it out — maybe I forgot to set the flags in the version I distributed, d’oh!

If you go to the ‘Setup’ page (it’s correctly called Preferences in the next version, btw) does it show the prefs have been installed? If not, install them and the warnings should go away. Even though they’re only notices, I’ve tracked down a couple of places where I assumed the prefs were installed and have fixed them, so hopefully this won’t occur in the next version. Thanks for letting me know.

#59 2009-09-15 08:35:11

jpdupont
Website

Stef,

I see now the setup button !
If I clik on the button, and save the settings, no more notice messages. Thanks.

Actually all is ok, but I don’t see the “options” link in the plugins tab/list.

#60 2009-10-29 16:28:41

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Stef, I get the following when importing a theme

Warning: fopen(/home/user/public_html/site/textpattern/theme/txpcoder/) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Is a directory in /home/user/public_html/site/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 672

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/user/public_html/site/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 678

It still seems to work though.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

Board footer