Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-10-21 02:33:43

darren_c

website development and update

Hello,

I have a small, independent business based in Tuscany, Italy. My business is designing and building high-end custom titanium fabrications. I currently have an existing website, designed by myself and programmed in Flash by a local programmer years ago. It is effective at conveying my work and business philosophy, but is heavy, slow, and not manageable by myself. I am interested in an update/revision to my existing website using a web CMS system something like Textpattern, Drupal or Joomla. I’m not experienced with these programs, so I am looking for outside help on this project.

To illustrate further my needs, I would like to be able to have a photo archive where I can upload and manage content of current works in progress (usually weekly uploads) which allow my customers to see how I am progressing with their works as well as let prospective customers peruse my archive and become involved in my business. My business is all about keeping in contact with the client.

I am also interested in working with video, albeit I have no experience and no investment in the process. I would also like the site structured so I can sell soft goods which do not need to be sold via e-commerce. It would also be important to have an interface where I can add magazine reviews of my work or news events as they become available. I don’t have time to blog or track current events, so a daily blog is pretty useless. I just like to post information of racers that I sponsor and some periodical information, maybe biweekly or monthly.

I am really looking for someone with a good understanding of the “feeling” that I am trying to convey with my work/website and hope that this comes through. I’m not sure how you quote jobs like this, that’s why I’m trying to give you as much info from the onset. Being an independent business, I have a very strict budget for publicity, but my web interface is an important tool that is the most effective way for contact with the outside world.

I appreciate your time and assistance and look forward to any information you can offer. If you are interested, please email me and I’ll be happy to forward my current website info along with a structure diagram/flowchart of my proposal. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Kindest regards,

Darren

Board footer