Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-09-29 19:21:54

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

wonky article list with admin themes

I’m experiencing some issues with David DeSandro’s WP Theme port as well as with Steve Lam’s symphony Theme port

On the content – article tab the articles get listed like this (WP Theme port)

As soon as I hover the cursor over the list the table header the columns shift:

When I disable javascript things look fine:

The standard theme and remora don’t display these quirks, can anybody tell me what’s going on?
Thanks,

Jan

edit: I’m using FF 3.5.3 just to make sure it’s no add-on that’s interfering i’ve started FF in safe-mode: no difference though

Last edited by JanDW (2009-09-29 21:53:10)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#2 2009-09-29 20:43:34

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: wonky article list with admin themes

Snap. I saw this today too on FF 3.5.3 using the Classic theme, but it was after I’d started Firebug up. I hovered over the article list tab with the ‘select what’s under the cursor’ tool on and everything shunted a few hundred pixels hard right except the ID column — exactly like your screenshot. I thought at first it had hidden the Posted, Title and Description fields but it had moved them all.

I refreshed the page with Firebug still enabled: no change. Refreshed again: no change. Refreshed a third time and the list page went back to normal. Then Firebug was fine as I hovered over stuff. Couldn’t repeat it either, though it has happened once or twice before and I just put it down to some browser bug or the fact I’d sodded about with my article list tab for the next TXP version. Now I’m not so sure though.

If anyone can pin this down or has had similar quirkiness, please share your experiences so we can begin to build up a profile and track down if it’s TXP or a particular browser/add-on. Thanks!

Last edited by Bloke (2009-09-29 20:44:33)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2009-09-29 21:49:55

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote:

Snap. I saw this today too on FF 3.5.3 using the Classic theme, but it was after I’d started Firebug up.

That happened to me to using the classic theme and firebug too. However I’m experiencing this issue all the time with the two other themes.

Loads like my first screenshot in Google chrome 3, so it does seem like it might be gecko related…

Last edited by JanDW (2009-09-29 21:51:54)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#4 2009-09-29 23:37:46

els

JanDW wrote:

I’m experiencing some issues with David DeSandro’s WP Theme port as well as with Steve Lam’s symphony Theme port

Any particular reason for posting here instead of asking the template authors?

#5 2009-09-30 00:49:05

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Well, I figured since it happened in both themes, the fault might not be with the themes themselves. Also, I don’t really see how CSS would trigger that type of behavior, so I thought it was maybe a JavaScript issue, which would make it a textpattern issue. But then again, I’m not sure, so if you think I posted in the wrong place, feel free to move this thread.

#6 2009-09-30 00:52:55

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

i have absolutely no idea why it does that. i used my own theme (symphony port) for years in 4.0.x and never encountered that odd column resizing behaviour. its either a 4.2.0 thing or latest version of FF issue?

i don’t even see why the columns would even resize anyway seeing as my theme, at least for tables, is just columns and row colours altered via css.

for what its worth, this is what i see in phw_sandspace theme for 4.2.0 (note the super huge column for the checkboxes):

Last edited by iblastoff (2009-09-30 01:00:28)

#7 2009-09-30 00:54:06

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

I don’t even see why the columns would even resize anyway seeing as my theme, at least for tables, is just columns and row colours altered via css

exactly. that’s why i didn’t ask you… nice theme by the way

#8 2009-09-30 06:43:37

els

JanDW wrote:

But then again, I’m not sure, so if you think I posted in the wrong place, feel free to move this thread.

I’m not sure either, that’s why I asked ;)

#9 2010-02-07 14:06:05

bluepurl
Website

I’m having this issue when using the default Textpattern admin theme with Firefox/3.5.7 and Firebug 1.5. In the articles tab and the comments tab, the ID# column sticks on the left and the rest of the columns stick on the right. When I disable Firebug, back to normal.

I just installed Firebug yesterday and I’m loving it enough that I may learn to live with this wonkiness, but I’m curious. Did anyone solve this?

#10 2010-02-07 14:39:06

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I get this myself from time to time Ann and I use both FF and Firebug. I didn’t realize it was related to Firebug though. In any case I find that a simple refresh usually puts it all back together again.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer