Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#493 2009-09-29 15:07:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: glz_custom_fields

redbot wrote:

if I’m not wrong this tag has been removed from this version (see plugin help)

Ahhhaaa. I’m not a subscriber as I’ve never had need of the plugin for any of my own (simple) sites… yet. Thus I don’t have access to the latest version :’-(

Set phasers to admin!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#494 2009-09-29 15:18:45

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

redbot wrote:

I noticed when I set a default value for radios and then hit “reset” the value gets actually reset but to see the change you have to save the article.

Imagine you create an article and choose one of the values in a radio custom field. How do you remove that value? All the reset link does is to set that radio custom field value to empty, it doesn’t save that article, you have to do it manually.

The glz_custom_fields_search_form tag is a bit of a red herring. In the plugin help I do mention that it’s disabled, but the code is still there. This is what I wrote in this morning’s e-mail when I was sending the plugin around:

There was a single tag provided by this plugin, the glz_custom_fields_search_form. This requires hacks to TXP, I’ve decided to leave it untouched, so while it will work, your search results might not be accurate. There is another plugin which looks rather good for searching, it’s Robert’s wet_haystack, check it out.

What do you think, shall we remove this tag altogether and convert the plugin to admin only?

#495 2009-09-29 15:45:08

redbot
Plugin Author

gerhard wrote:

Imagine you create an article and choose one of the values in a radio custom field. How do you remove that value? All the reset link does is to set that radio custom field value to empty, it doesn’t save that article, you have to do it manually.

Yes Gerhard I know, I was only suggesting that when you hit “reset” , instead of showing a series of empty options, It would be nice if you could have a visual cue that the default value was restored (setting the value back to default with js). But again, this is really nothing fundamental for me.

What do you think, shall we remove this tag altogether and convert the plugin to admin only?

I really don’t know sorry. Maybe its better to hear from more experienced users and developers.

#496 2009-09-29 15:51:48

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Yes, sorry, that question was for everyone.

Everyone, what do you think, shall we remove the glz_custom_fields_search_form tag altogether and convert the plugin to admin only?

#497 2009-09-29 15:54:08

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

I don’t need it, so gets my vote to remove. Admin only feature set seems logical anyway IMHO.

#498 2009-09-29 15:55:11

woof

This new version is really amazing – textarea, position sorting, datepicker – wow! too much goodness all at once!

I’m having trouble filtering by a custom field using txp:article_custom when the field I want to use is set up as type: checkbox and more than one value is checked.

eg: custom field name: “Tour_Scope”
Type: checkbox
Values: “local”, “national”, “international”

<txp:article_custom Tour_Scope="local" />
will return all articles where only local is checked but not ones where local and national are both checked

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

#499 2009-09-29 16:03:00

thermofunk
Website

gerhard dijo:

Hi Gerhard, I’m using the glz_custom_fields_search_form tag in my site and it is very useful for my visitors to find hotels, hostels, campings, bed & breakfast, etc. in different locations, with 1-5 stars, etc.

I’ve already installed the wet_haystack plugin to fix these searches but isn’t working :( (I think here the problem is I’m using the MLP plugin, but I’m not sure…) Anyway, with this plugin I can’t use selects, checkboxes, etc. in my search form as I use to with previous versions of the glz plugin…

Apart from this problem the rest works great, thanks!

#500 2009-09-29 17:16:15

woof

Re my filtering prob above – solved it by using smd_if in the list form. Sorry for the interjection. Carry on like it never happened :-)

#501 2009-09-29 17:20:04

mrdale
Website

Very cool. If you do feel like being an over-acheiver, I’d like to see…
  1. sed_section_fields functionality
  2. trigger words

#502 2009-09-29 17:36:35

mlarino

The search form in Custom_fields is really usefull! Is one of the best parts of the plugin I dont think you should remove it. It could be improved, or if there is another plugin that can do something like it.

#503 2009-09-29 17:43:53

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

mrdale wrote:

Very cool. If you do feel like being an over-acheiver, I’d like to see…

1. sed_section_fields functionality
  2. trigger words

yep. waiting patiently (re: nearly 2 years lol) for trigger words too. thanks for the new 4.2.0 compatibility though!

#504 2009-09-29 17:47:55

lee

Thanks for the update gerhard – brilliant!

Board footer