Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-08-25 16:36:52

Martagnan
Website

mdp_calendar typo problem

Hello,
This is probably better aimed at Greenrift.

I am using your excellent calendar plugin on my site. I noticed that ‘Thursday’ is represented as an ‘R’ and not ‘T’. I tried to alter this in the code and my site stopped validating – all I did was change an R to a T ?? I turned the plugin off and my page validates again… I make the T back into an R and it still breaks – so I delete the plugin and re-install it… my page validates again! whats going on?

#2 2004-08-25 17:19:34

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: mdp_calendar typo problem

> Martagnan wrote:

> Hello,
This is probably better aimed at Greenrift.

I am using your excellent calendar plugin on my site. I noticed that ‘Thursday’ is represented as an ‘R’ and not ‘T’. I tried to alter this in the code and my site stopped validating – all I did was change an R to a T ?? I turned the plugin off and my page validates again… I make the T back into an R and it still breaks – so I delete the plugin and re-install it… my page validates again! whats going on?

It’s not a typo. I did that on purpose, I guess I grew up thinking that everybody used ‘R’ as the abbreviation for Thursday. That way there arn’t two T’s in the week, so when you write “8:30am T Meeting”, it’s apparant that you mean “tuesday” (of course, the weekends have the same problem, but its the weekend).

I’ll post up the way to change it to ‘T’, it shouldn’t be very hard. Interesting that it went all crazy on you.

Board footer