You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-09-02 18:25:23

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: mem_postmaster - Postmaster Revamp

HI Dale

is this correct?

Dear <txp:bab_pm_data display="subscriberFirstName" />, <txp:bab_pm_data display="Body" />

In the subscriber form we have zemSubscriberFirstName whereas on the email template there is subscriberFirstName.

I guess there is no real diference from the original plugin:)

Also if I want the last name too, do I write Dear <txp:bab_pm_data display="subscriberFirstName" /> <txp:bab_pm_data display="subscriberLastName" />, <txp:bab_pm_data display="Body" />?

Last edited by colak (2009-09-02 18:27:12)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#14 2009-09-02 20:01:51

mrdale
Website

Colak> I think you have it.

#15 2009-09-05 08:58:56

colak
Admin

mrdale wrote:

Colak> I think you have it.

:( Not really:(

Our subscriber lists are many but they are basically divided into 3:

• Online subscribers (who directly subscribe through the form)
  • Offline subscribers who give us their email during our events with specific instructions to subscribe them. This is subdivided on per event basis
  • Default subscribers: which comprises of ALL the names/emails.

What doesn’t work is the Online subscribers.

<txp:zem_contact_secret name="zemSubscriberLists" value="default subscriber" /> which used to allocate people to the particular lists is not recognised, although it is sent in the email.

I also tried <txp:zem_contact_secret name="zemSubscriberLists" value="default, subscriber" /> and the same without the space after the comma with no results.

Yiannis
——————————

#16 2009-09-05 14:41:30

colak
Admin

Apologies but I think that I hit another bug, this time with the search utility.

When searching the“Subscriber list”, it is only the first 100 names which appear in the results and there is no pagination for the other names. The original plugin listed all names under that list as well as supplying the number of items within it.

Yiannis
——————————

#17 2009-09-05 23:49:44

mrdale
Website

colak wrote:

What doesn’t work is the Online subscribers.

<txp:zem_contact_secret name="zemSubscriberLists" value="default subscriber" /> which used to allocate people to the particular lists is not recognised, although it is sent in the email.

I also tried <txp:zem_contact_secret name="zemSubscriberLists" value="default, subscriber" /> and the same without the space after the comma with no results.

OK, So <txp:zem_contact_secret /> is a tag that only displays something in the output of the ZCR form’s email. eg <txp:zem_contact_secret value="The answer is 42" />

What you need is an input similar to…

<txp:zem_contact_select list="default,test" selected="default" name="zemSubscriberLists" label="Your List:" />

#18 2009-09-06 00:16:28

hidalgo
Website

Unfortunately I have the same problem as Colak. When subscribing with <txp:zem_contact_secret name="zemSubscriberLists" value="default" /> the user is subscribed but not added to the default list. I receive the following error:

Tag error:  <txp:zem_contact to="example@email.com"> ->  Textpattern Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '6 = 6' at line 1
insert into bab_pm_subscribers_list set list_id = 1, 6 = 6  on line 85

I’ve just tried <txp:zem_contact_select list="default,test" selected="default" name="zemSubscriberLists" label="Your List:" /> and receive the same error.

The MySQL version is 4.1.20 if that helps.

Another problem I’ve noticed is that I’m not able to access the ‘DB Backup’ tab of rss_admin_db_manager while Postmaster is active. I receive the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare pref_func() (previously declared in /var/www/vhosts/.../httpdocs/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:881) in /var/www/vhosts/.../httpdocs/textpattern/include/txp_prefs.php on line 244

Lastly, the progress image is missing when sending bulk mail. Is there anywhere the image can be downloaded?

#19 2009-09-06 05:49:42

colak
Admin

mrdale wrote:

OK, So <txp:zem_contact_secret /> is a tag that only displays something in the output of the ZCR form’s email. eg <txp:zem_contact_secret value="The answer is 42" />

What you need is an input similar to…

<txp:zem_contact_select list="default,test" selected="default" name="zemSubscriberLists" label="Your List:" />

Hi Dale, thanks for the response but is there another way? Our online subscribers should by default be listed in 2 lists: default AND subscribers. Given the names we gave to those lists it would be inappropriate/possibly confusing to have them visible anyway. The secret tag was a documented feature of ben’s plugin which made subscriptions like ours possible.

Michael, is there a way to bring it back in?

@ Kalon. I’m using MySQL MySQL: 4.1.18 without any problems for rss_admin_db_manager. I wish I could ask you which rss_admin_ version you are using but with all the hacks/mods supplied for that plugin I don’t think that the answer will be of help.

Yiannis
——————————

#20 2009-09-07 16:22:25

zoltandragon

Hi. I have been using Postmaster for quite a while, but encountered problems only when upgrading to TXP 4.2. Whenever I tried to send a newsletter to my list, the following error came up:

“301: Moved Permanently

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mydomain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”

I now installed the revamped Postmaster – same thing happens (plus the First and Last name of the subscribers are now gone). My server does not enable the use of “show_source, phpinfo, shell, symlink” – does it have to do with anything relating to the problem above?

Note: this does not happen when using TXP 4.0.8

Can anyone help? I would really appreciate it :))

#21 2009-09-07 17:13:03

colak
Admin

zoltandragon wrote:

(plus the First and Last name of the subscribers are now gone).

same (solved) issue

Yiannis
——————————

#22 2009-09-08 08:27:00

colak
Admin

Hi Michael,

I’m wondering if you made any progress regarding the issues some of us are having with the plugin.

• hidalgo – possible conflict with rss_admin_db_manager
  • hidalgo – progress graphic on sending is missing. Thanks Dale:)
  • hidalgoSQL Syntax error
  • colak – “txp:zem_contact_secret” support for those of us who do not wish to provide list options to our subscribers
  • colak search results only return 100 items with no options to view the rest.
  • THE BLUE DRAGON import error
  • zoltandragon 301 and 500 server errors

Last edited by colak (2009-09-09 15:11:11)

Yiannis
——————————

#23 2009-09-09 13:06:01

dl33
Website

Been using Postmaster (the old one) succesfully for a while now, mainly for HTML mails. I saw that the old postmaster had an orphaned forum thread, so i guess this is the place to ask:

A client now wants to pull of a marketing stunt to let users fill in a Form, we put their email in the database and send an useful pdf in exchange.

The first two parts are already implemented, but how easy is it to add an attachment to the mail with postmaster. Can this be done manually, or is this an informal feature request?

#24 2009-09-09 14:56:20

mrdale
Website

dl33 wrote: how easy is it to add an attachment to the mail with postmaster.

Feature request.

Last edited by mrdale (2009-09-09 14:56:33)

Board footer