Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-09-06 17:41:26

charlesroper
Website

4.2.0 upgrade failed

My upgrade to 4.2.0 failed (not sure why, but I think the FTP upload decided to quit half way through the upload and I failed to notice) and the normal upgrade page didn’t appear and now I am getting a bunch of database errors in diagnostics:

mysql_table_errors:
txp_category: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_category`” to fix it!,
txp_css: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_css`” to fix it!,
txp_discuss: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_discuss`” to fix it!,
txp_discuss_ipban: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_discuss_ipban`” to fix it!,
txp_discuss_nonce: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_discuss_nonce`” to fix it!,
txp_form: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_form`” to fix it!,
txp_lang: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_lang`” to fix it!,
txp_log: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_log`” to fix it!,
txp_log_mention: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_log_mention`” to fix it!,
txp_page: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_page`” to fix it!,
txp_priv: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_priv`” to fix it!,
txp_section: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_section`” to fix it!,
txp_users: error: Table upgrade required. Please do “REPAIR TABLE `txp_users`” to fix it! ?

Can I rerun the upgrade script manually somehow?

Other than the database not updating, the rest of Txp seems to have updated now that I have re-uploaded the files:

Textpattern version: 4.2.0 (r3275)
Last Update: 2009-09-06 17:29:27/2009-09-06 17:30:36

Cheers,
CHarles

Charles Roper

#2 2009-09-06 17:45:32

jstubbs
Website

Re: 4.2.0 upgrade failed

Did you repair the tables in phpMyAdmin?

#3 2009-09-06 17:56:49

charlesroper
Website

Re: 4.2.0 upgrade failed

Ahem. That’s embarassing. Yes, repairing the tables worked, as suggested in the diagnosics. I had assumed it was just a generic error message that couldn’t possibly work because the upgrade had not been triggered.

Ah well, it’s working now. Thanks for the super-quick reply to my stupid question. :)

Charles Roper

Board footer