Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-07-28 10:50:06

considermichael

Page Presentation for different Sections isnt working..

Hello All,

This is my first post! I am currently working on a small website for a friend of mine and just got started.

I created different sections in the Presentation —> Sections part of textpattern and created different formatting for the pages in the Pages section.
But the changes arent being displayed on the pages! www.marcolang.ch

What I did on ALL the pages including the default page was to shorten the divider picture to 270 px instead of 400. I saved it on all the page templates
but when I look at the site source on firefox the divider is still at 400 px. So for some reason its not saving any of the changes I make on the admin panel.

I thought it might be because I was using messy links. So I changed them to “Section—>Title” and now the pages dont even find the CSS styling! There is
obviously some kind of problem with my Index.php because it seems to be working independantly from the changes I make in the admin panel.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated..

Click here;
http://www.marcolang.ch

and then use the temporary navigation in the right sidebar and check out. “Steckbrief” or “Sport” to illustrate the problem..

#2 2009-07-28 12:21:10

TNT
Website

Re: Page Presentation for different Sections isnt working..

I’m guessing here, but did you assign your modified pages to the sections in the “Presentation -> Sections”? In every created section, there’s a pulldown menu after the phrase “Uses page”. You have to select the correct page (which you created under “Presentation -> Pages”) there.

Prrrrrrrr

#3 2009-07-28 12:21:21

uli

considermichael wrote:

So for some reason its not saving any of the changes I make on the admin panel.

Have you considered emptying the browser cache?

considermichael wrote:

I was using messy links. So I changed them to “Section—>Title” and now the pages dont even find the CSS styling!

Sounds like you’ve hardcoded the CSS links and not used txp’s own tag. (Yup, the warnings by HTML tidy affirm handcoding)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2009-07-28 12:58:21

considermichael

TNT wrote:

I’m guessing here, but did you assign your modified pages to the sections in the “Presentation -> Sections”? In every created section, there’s a pulldown menu after the phrase “Uses page”. You have to select the correct page (which you created under “Presentation -> Pages”) there.

jepp.. thats why im stumped as to why its not working… :-/
but even stranger is that the changes I make to the Default page is not being updated..

And yes.. I have emptied the cache multiple times..

#5 2009-07-28 13:01:17

considermichael

uli wrote:

considermichael wrote:

So for some reason its not saving any of the changes I make on the admin panel.

Have you considered emptying the browser cache?

considermichael wrote:

I was using messy links. So I changed them to “Section—>Title” and now the pages dont even find the CSS styling!

Sounds like you’ve hardcoded the CSS links and not used txp’s own tag. (Yup, the warnings by HTML tidy affirm handcoding)

Hi Uli,

Should I change the css links to the whole url ie: http://www.marcolang.ch/BLUEPRINT/… instead of having them as they are now: href=“BLUEPRINT/blueprint/screen.css”

Or what do you mean by Hardcoded Css links..

Cheers and thanks for the quick reply!

#6 2009-07-28 13:19:01

considermichael

Here is the edited default page. You see that the divider has been set to 270 px.
http://www.marcolang.ch/images/default.png

Here is the source from firefox where the px are still set to 400 px. So for some reason textpattern isnt saving alterations I make on the admin panel.
http://www.marcolang.ch/images/source.png

And for TNT here is the sections page you were asking about. Everything is set how it should be..
http://www.marcolang.ch/images/sections.png

#7 2009-07-28 13:54:29

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I am looking at
http://www.marcolang.ch/sponsoren/

change

<!-- Framework CSS -->
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="BLUEPRINT/blueprint/screen.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection">
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="BLUEPRINT/blueprint/print.css" type="text/css" media="print">
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="BLUEPRINT/blueprint/marcolang.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

to

<!-- Framework CSS -->
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="<txp:site_url />BLUEPRINT/blueprint/screen.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection">
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="<txp:site_url />BLUEPRINT/blueprint/print.css" type="text/css" media="print">
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="<txp:site_url />BLUEPRINT/blueprint/marcolang.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

Also I see some img urls like images/header.gif which should be /images/header.gif

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#8 2009-07-28 14:04:01

considermichael

thank you colak,

that seems to have corrected alot! then the error with the divider image must be something else. Still not sure why its @ 400 px but that must be another small error that i am just not seeing right now.

#9 2009-07-28 14:23:19

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

considermichael wrote:

for some reason textpattern isnt saving alterations I make on the admin panel.

Much more likely is that you haven’t assigned the section in question the page you are editing.

Since you are working on a live site, if you put the site into debugging mode it is very easy for experienced Txp users to help you diagnose issues such as these.

Code is topiary

Board footer