Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-07-04 20:22:21

crosbie
Website

Digital Productions

I use TextPattern for my blog Digital Productions and have recently made a few tweaks to the default TextPattern style.

I’ve just added a load of categories and have still yet to recategorise all my posts. :-}

Last edited by crosbie (2009-07-04 20:23:13)

#2 2009-07-04 21:41:29

maniqui
Website

Re: Digital Productions

Congrats on your new TXP powered site!

I’ve scanned through the content and there is really food for thought regarding all the emerging issues of IP, copyleft, art and business..

I enjoyed the articles about labels selling their catalogs and how all the music ever released on CD will fit on a 120Tb HD on a few years.
I’ll try to post some comments on them.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2009-07-15 12:45:22

kevinpotts

Interesting content. As a published creator of both books and music, I have mixed feelings on the writing, but I’ll leave that to another day. As far the site design goes, there needs to be some space between them. Also, I would make all three columns “liquid”, not just the third one. Everything just feels really squished without any whitespace.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#4 2009-07-15 13:14:09

crosbie
Website

kevinpotts wrote:

Interesting content. As a published creator of both books and music, I have mixed feelings on the writing, but I’ll leave that to another day. As far the site design goes, there needs to be some space between them. Also, I would make all three columns “liquid”, not just the third one. Everything just feels really squished without any whitespace.

I look forward to another day. ;-)

Thanks for commenting on the design. Very helpful.

As for all 3 columns liquid, the only way I know of doing so is tables. I’ve not yet figured out CSS enough for 3 liquid cols. I don’t think the left hand one needs to be liquid anyway. As for the centre, at least I’ve used max-width to get it semi-liquid. I think I’m fairly happy with the liquidity as it is (I know it’s the readers that I’m serving, not me, but I can’t help having a big say). I could have some javascript malarkey that had 3 columns if wide screen (on a fixed:70:30 basis) , and two columns if narrow screen, but that may be getting too tricksy.

As to squashed. Yes, you’re not the first to point this out to me. It must be some programming hangup I have to make efficient use of all available space (at the expense of aesthetic). I may well make some tweaks to open things out a little (if I can overcome my agoraphobia). But, hey, if no-one comments, and you scroll down, well, you’ve got two large white margins either side. Isn’t that enough? ;-)

Someone else pointed out that the article text size was too large. I’m not too sure.

Last edited by crosbie (2009-07-15 13:14:51)

Board footer