Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-06-29 18:03:08

geest

[feedback] 'empty' distribution?

Would it be possible to (optionally?) include an ‘empty’ textpattern site with/in downloaded install packages?
I find myself repeatedly removing the ‘standard’ layout, categories, link categories, css, modules et al. to be able to start a project with a really ‘empty’ textpattern install.
Such a feature would also come in handy for my students, who are expected to download and install textpattern and build a ‘textpattern version’ of one or more of their xhtml/css based websites, after they’ve designed them by other means.

#2 2009-06-29 18:15:46

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: [feedback] 'empty' distribution?

Would be an easy job for a plugin to truncate all related database tables… A gentle post on the plugin requests forum might render instant results ;-) Slightly related: Let one student hack up this plugin.

#3 2009-06-29 18:25:18

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: [feedback] 'empty' distribution?

Perhaps your students can write a plugin that, when activated, creates the desired ‘empty’ TXP install and then removes itself as well. Bonus points for using TXP built in functions, leaving the root categories intact, providing proper documentation, not breaking when a table prefix is used and resetting the auto-increment counters ;)

LOL@wet for posting the same thing faster.

Last edited by ruud (2009-06-29 18:26:22)

Board footer