Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-07-14 12:11:55

husainhk
Website

Re: rah_expanding // Dynamically growing textareas

Great plugin! Can it be modified to auto-expand the pages/forms/style textareas too?

#14 2008-07-14 13:26:28

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

husainhk wrote:

Great plugin! Can it be modified to auto-expand the pages/forms/style textareas too?

By adding to line 19 more selectors ($("textarea#body, textarea#excerpt").autogrow();), in example the IDs of those textareas. Then you must also alter the CSS, as Textareas will require min-height and static line-height to plugin work properly.

#15 2009-01-30 23:40:51

alanfluff
Website

Wow!

Lovely – will read-back now to see how increased width can be achieved too — I’m doing a ton of content input and this plugin solves much of my slight small-space-frustration — Thanks!

At LAST I’ve cheerfully donated to the core devs at #TXP. I only wish I were able to give more. Thanks to the devs and ALL fellow TXPers. -A

#16 2009-02-21 11:00:56

Destry
Website

Wonderful plugin, Gocom! Just stumbled on this gem.

I haven’t actually used it yet outside of running some Lorum ipsum text to see the behavior so I have one question…when you save the article does it save the height of the adjusted text areas or does it collapste back to the default heights? (Ed. — Looks like it stays. Nice!)

The reason I ask is because it does not appear to be recursive with articles I’ve already written. (Ed. — this is less important as it’s not likely anyone needs to go back and edit old articles often, but it wouldn’t be a bad thing if possible.)

Last edited by Destry (2009-02-21 11:41:42)

#17 2009-02-21 11:55:21

Destry
Website

Ah, I see. There’s a max character point where if passed then Txp’s default behavior returns for that article. That’s a bit of a bummer as my articles tend to be long and will break that limit frequently. Any way to extend that, or make it possible to configure as a preference?

#18 2009-02-21 20:42:07

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

New version, 0.3, released. It’s a major update which changes rah_autogrowing_textarea a lot, and makes some tasty additions.

Changelog:

• Added: Admin panel (interface) under Extensions.
  • Added: Able to define which textareas autogrow.
  • Added: Max. height limit, line height and other optional style settings are now adjustable.
  • Improved code.

More info and donwloads

And now some forum post replies. Battime.

Destry wrote:

Wonderful plugin, Gocom! Just stumbled on this gem.

Destry wrote:

There’s a max character point where if passed then Txp’s default behavior returns for that article.

Not character limit, but height limit of 3000px. Starting from version 0.3, it’s adjustable via interface.

Destry wrote:

Looks like it stays. Nice!

It stays. It’s activately calculated from line count, upon page load.

Destry wrote:

The reason I ask is because it does not appear to be recursive with articles I’ve already written

It is.

#19 2009-02-21 21:23:42

gerhard01
Plugin Author

New version, 0.3, released […]

Changelog:

• Added: Admin panel (interface) under Extensions.

Thanks a lot for the update. Plugin works for me, however, clicking on the admin panel just leads to the following error message in my case:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function rah_plugin_download_install() in [PATH]/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()'d code on line 190

Last edited by gerhard01 (2009-02-21 21:24:25)

#20 2009-02-21 22:08:16

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

gerhard01 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the update. Plugin works for me, however, clicking on the admin panel just leads to the following error message in my case:

Thank you for reporting. Accidently left a one development template function there. Fixed.

Released version 0.3.2. Changelog:

• Fixed: Removed lost child sceleton function; Fixes error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function rah_plugin_download_install().

More info and downloads

#21 2009-04-23 19:07:19

floodfish
Website

This seems to not play nice with hak_tinymce … it creates a duplicate textarea, the rah_autogrowing_textarea one on top, and the hak_tinymce one below.

#22 2009-04-23 19:28:45

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

floodfish wrote:

This seems to not play nice with hak_tinymce … it creates a duplicate textarea, the rah_autogrowing_textarea one on top, and the hak_tinymce one below.

Absolutely. hak_tinymce is a WYSIWYG editor and uses it’s own editor area. So they can not work together.

Last edited by Gocom (2009-04-23 19:31:24)

#23 2009-06-03 06:00:25

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

New version released, rah_autogrowing_textarea 0.3.3. Changelog:

• Removed useless queries.
  • Improved callbacks.

More info and downloads

#24 2009-06-26 06:07:49

stever

Hi Gocom and Guys,

Looks like a super plugin, I am looking at it on a test install at the moment but need some advice. I can see in the main textpattern.css;

textarea#body, textarea#excerpt, textarea#keywords, textarea#css, textarea#html, textarea#plugin-install

What I would like to do is increase the text area of Custom Field 1, I am using this for my meta_desc tag for each page and it’s not too easy to work with, or more importantly read back being such a short input field. Could you give me some advice as to how I can adjust this field to make it multi-line, autogrow or just bigger.

Thanks
Steve

Board footer