Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-06-12 07:59:26

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

smd_admin_themes: Manage, edit, switch and share admin-side themes

Take admin side themes to the next level.

Plugin features:

• Create and Edit admin-side themes on the fly
  • Employ images, CSS, JS, HTML/PHP (for changing masthead, header & footer) in your theme
  • Base your theme on an existing theme to tweak it to your taste
  • Export a theme package for distribution to the community in either .tar, .tgz, .bz2 or .zip format
  • Import / install other themes from the community repository
  • Administrator can set a default theme, or enable per-user / per-role themes
  • Notification and links to Textgarden to download more or updated themes
  • Support for stylesheet constants

Download plugin (NB: requires smd_crunchers for import/export features)

Happy happy themeness to you all.

Revision history
————————

All available versions and changes are listed here. Each entry indexes the relevant post(s) in the thread to learn about the features.

• 12 Jun 2009 | 0.10 | Initial public beta
  • 03 Sep 2009 | 0.11 | Improved Textgarden theme feed and links ; improved file support (both thanks thebombsite) ; made global theme more obvious ; altered prefs tab a bit ; added .ssc support ; ignored .svn subdirs (all thanks pieman) ; improved warning messages ; misc fixes and housekeeping
  • 02 Nov 2009 | 0.12 | Reduced theme feed clutter in the prefs table
  • 04 Nov 2009 | 0.13 | Removed ereg_replace to conform with PHP5.3+ (thanks thebombsite) ; changed ‘global’ to ‘default’ (thanks candyman) ; fixed rogue untranslated string
  • 09 Nov 2009 | 0.14 | Moved URLs in line with Textgarden layout alterations (thanks for the headsup thebombsite) ; made feeds more robust in the event Textgarden is down / under maintenance (thanks mlarino)
  • 09 Feb 2010 | 0.20”:http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=223898#p223898 | Native support for zip importing and exporting (almost) irrespective of your PHP environment ; zip is now the default system ; better notification of supported compression types and more robust rejection if something is missing
  • 10 Feb 2010 | 0.21 | Fixed bzip2 warning (thanks thebombsite) ; fixed recursive mkdir problem with bzip2 files (thanks PHP manual comments) ; fixed rogue temp file left behind with zip import
  • 15 Feb 2010 | 0.22 | When renaming the core theme PHP file, automatically rename directory too (thanks floodfish)
  • 28 Feb 2010 | 0.23 | Rudimentary validation of zip file contents (thanks Tuts_and_Tipps); fixed export notification
  • 06 Aug 2010 | 0.24 | Fixed fsockopen() and undefined index warnings if not connected to the Internet / prefs not installed
  • 01 Nov 2010 | 0.25 | Better theme integration (colours, etc) ; fixed duplicate page renders on edit screen and added filename format option (both thanks maverick)
  • 21 Feb 2011 | 0.26 | Fixed import bug if more than one dot in filename (thanks philwareham)
  • -08 Jun 2011 | 0.27 | Fixed erroneous stripping of slashes on save ; added theme path pref (thanks maniqui VERSION REVOKED
  • 28 Sep 2011 | 0.28 | Fixed erroneous stripping of slashes on save
  • 29 Jan 2012 | 0.30 | Moved (de)compression algorithms to smd_crunchers — now a required library for this plugin if you wish to import/export
  • 29 Jan 2012 | 0.31 | D’oh, moved smd_mkdir_recursive() to smd_crunchers too

Last edited by Bloke (2012-01-29 22:02:08)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2 2009-06-12 08:08:44

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_admin_themes: Manage, edit, switch and share admin-side themes

mrdale wrote

Notice: Use of undefined constant GLOB_BRACE – assumed ‘GLOB_BRACE’ in /path/to/TLD/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(580) : eval()’d code on line 364

Right, nuts. The PHP docs say:

Note: The GLOB_BRACE flag is not available on some non GNU systems, like Solaris.

So my guess is your version of PHP/server is missing this ability for some reason. One of the comments to that thread suggests a workaround so I’ll see if it’s possible to implement that in the plugin if I find that GLOB_BRACE is missing.

Thanks for the report.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#3 2009-06-12 08:40:16

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I wrote:

I’ll see if it’s possible to implement that in the plugin if I find that GLOB_BRACE is missing.

Done in the latest version. Also fixed a small bug where it lost file content if you tried to create a non-php file.

Please re-download the plugin and let me know if it fixes your GLOB_BRACE warning.

#4 2009-06-12 08:43:05

redbot
Plugin Author

Unfortunately I have absolutely no free time to experiment lately but let me say this looks really super.
Thanks!

#5 2009-06-12 14:09:51

renobird
Website

bloke,

This is the final shove I need to go download 4.0.9.

You rock.

:)

#6 2009-06-12 14:51:06

mrdale
Website

Nice Bloke. I am indeedy using a server with open solaris.

#7 2009-06-12 18:40:54

maverick
Website

Bloke wrote:

I’ll probably be working with thebombsite to integrate the plugin more closely into Textgarden and hope to implement a system whereby theme updates can be flagged as available and downloaded direct from the plugin interface. Not sure if it’s possible, but I’m going to try.

Very cool!

#8 2009-06-12 19:22:40

maverick
Website

Just tried importing “A Bit of Blue” w/ no success. I downloaded the zip from Textgarden. I used smd_admin_theme’s interface to choose the zip file. Clicked upload. Page refreshes, w/ nothing there.

If I unzip it, then the only choses are individual files, not the whole theme.

Am I doing something wrong, is “Bit of Blue” not ready for the plugin, or is there something else?

Thanks

Mike

#9 2009-06-12 21:19:24

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

maverick wrote:

Just tried importing “A Bit of Blue” w/ no success.

I assume you got the 0.9 version and not the 07 one at the top of the article?

EDIT: If you did then there’s a chance that zip support isn’t compiled into your PHP. Did you see any ‘unsupported type’ error message flash up? You could try the tgz version or the tar version I just exported.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-06-12 21:27:07)

#10 2009-06-12 21:55:04

mrdale
Website

Ya know Unfortunately those theme screenshots just don’t convey much about the theme because they’re so small (which they need to be for interface reasons).

It’d be pretty neat if we could distribute screenies and thumbs (something like screenshot-t.png and screenshot.png) with a theme. Use a little jQuery magico to show the full-sizer on hover. Thoughts?

#11 2009-06-12 22:04:52

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

mrdale wrote:

Ya know Unfortunately those theme screenshots just don’t convey much about the theme because they’re so small

Yeah, they’re a bit poky in that department. One option is for authors to just grab a screenie from one corner of their theme that shows the essence of the interface without trying to do a full screen grab.

Alternatively, talk to boss man and see if he’d agree on a thumbnail and a fullsize, possibly with preferred filenames and dimensions for each. I could then build that into the plugin.

I’m not sure how easy it’d be to do the hover simply because the hover effect would get in the way of clicking to switch the theme itself. I’d have to do some rejigging so it unhovered properly and/or you could click the zoomed inversion to activate it, but it’s not impossible.

#12 2009-06-12 22:17:51

maverick
Website

Bloke wrote:

I assume you got the 0.9 version and not the 07 one at the top of the article?

Assumptions are dangerous things . . . you are correct that I had a “doh” moment and downloaded the 07 and not the 09 (ironically, I had downloaded the 09 in the past for testing another svn site – I really knew better).

However, the 09 version did not work either once I downloaded it.

Bloke wrote:

EDIT: If you did then there’s a chance that zip support isn’t compiled into your PHP. Did you see any ‘unsupported type’ error message flash up? You could try the tgz version or the tar version I just exported.

I didn’t see an “unsupported type” error message, but that did the trick. The 09 zip would not upload, but the tgz and tar versions worked perfect.

In case it helps for future reference, I use Dreamhost.

Board footer