Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-05-26 19:35:07

fatherdefiance

[resolved] DB-Connect was succesful, but the textpattern-table was not found.

… I get this lovely message when Im trying to install the newest version of Textpattern on my webserver.

I have tried multiple databases (both local and remote) with the same result.
In phpMyAdmin, the tables truly havent been inserted so there must be some process going wrong (?).

Is there in existence any pure SQL files to upload with phpMyAdmin so I can work my way around the configuration?
The commands in the txpsql.php is formatted in such a way that it would take way to long to try and
figure out how the correct commands should be.

Here is the full message:
_Warning: Table ‘cato.textpattern’ doesn’t exist describe `textpattern` in /Library/WebServer/Documents/lib/txplib_db.php on line 82

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /Library/WebServer/Documents/lib/txplib_db.php:82) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 1725

Warning: Table ‘cato.txp_page’ doesn’t exist select user_html from txp_page where name=‘error_503’ in /Library/WebServer/Documents/lib/txplib_db.php on line 82

Warning: Table ‘cato.txp_page’ doesn’t exist select user_html from txp_page where name=‘error_default’ in /Library/WebServer/Documents/lib/txplib_db.php on line 82

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /Library/WebServer/Documents/lib/txplib_db.php:82) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 1787

DB-Connect was succesful, but the textpattern-table was not found._

I hope you have some advice on this matter :)

#2 2009-05-26 20:12:33

els

Re: [resolved] DB-Connect was succesful, but the textpattern-table was not found.

fatherdefiance wrote:

… the newest version of Textpattern

Do you really mean the newest? There seems to be an issue with the newest revisions, but you should really install the latest stable version :)

#3 2009-05-26 20:13:38

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: [resolved] DB-Connect was succesful, but the textpattern-table was not found.

fatherdefiance wrote:

… I get this lovely message when Im trying to install the newest version of Textpattern on my webserver.

When you say “newest version” are you refering to the development version downloaded from the SVN repository, or the latest stable build from textpattern.com?

If it’s the development version then I think you’ve hit a duplicate of this problem which seems to be due to changes in the setup script to allow many sites to use one Textpattern installation.

Steve

#4 2009-05-26 20:15:08

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Doh! Got to learn to use more than one knuckle when typing replies or oldies like Els make me look slow.

Steve

#5 2009-05-26 20:21:07

els

net-carver wrote:

oldies like Els

Well thank you… ;)

#6 2009-05-26 20:43:03

fatherdefiance

Els wrote:

fatherdefiance wrote:

… the newest version of Textpattern

Do you really mean the newest? There seems to be an issue with the newest revisions, but you should really install the latest stable version :)

I have the latest stable version, and just to be sure I downloaded it again and installed it with the same result.

#7 2009-05-26 21:00:35

els

What is in your config.php? (remove the password!)

#8 2009-05-26 22:33:30

fatherdefiance

<?php
$txpcfg[‘db’] = ‘cato’;
$txpcfg[‘user’] = ‘cato’;
$txpcfg[‘pass’] = ‘removed’;
$txpcfg[‘host’] = ’10.0.1.187’;
$txpcfg[‘table_prefix’] = ‘’;
$txpcfg[‘txpath’] = ‘/Library/WebServer/Documents’;
$txpcfg[‘dbcharset’] = ‘utf8’;
?>

#9 2009-05-27 18:06:02

els

Looking at the errors, it’s looking for tables with a prefix ‘cato’,

… and removed the rest. Sorry, silly post.

Last edited by els (2009-05-28 15:16:42)

#10 2009-05-28 01:07:34

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Els

You wrote…

Looking at the errors, it’s looking for tables with a prefix ‘cato’,

Presumably you are referring to the warnings like…

Warning: Table ‘cato.txp_page’ doesn’t exist select user_html from txp_page where name=‘error_503’ in /Library/WebServer/Documents/lib/txplib_db.php on line 82

… from the opening post?

IIRC, the ‘cato.txp_page’ reference in the warning is MySQL’s way of referring to the db + table combination. If there were a prefix involved, then MySQL would have said “warning: Table ‘cato.*prefix*_txp_page’ doesn’t …” But… I may be wrong. My memory isn’t what it used to be ;-)

Steve

#11 2009-05-28 14:22:03

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

So install is failing. Does your user, “cato” have privileges for creating tables?

#12 2009-05-28 15:15:19

els

net-carver wrote:

But… I may be wrong. My memory isn’t what it used to be ;-)

Nothing wrong with your memory. I’m the one who’s wrong. I even knew that, just posted without much thought (again). Apologies!

Board footer