Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2008-08-08 20:32:42

aba
Plugin Author

Re: lam_image_uploader v0.6c (improved upload images from the write tab)

husainhk wrote:

Any quick help appreciated, and thanks in advance … hope somebody has a solution, as I have a tight deadline, and I have around 800 images and their thumbnails to upload :(

Use fxp_image_import

It allows adding images and using your own thumbnails (you might need to rename you thumbnails, but there are plenty of mass rename tools for every os) and might be the better way to add 800 images to textpattern than the iam_image_uploade plugin that is meant to allow streamlined authoring by avoiding the need to switch to the image tab to upload one image for the article thats just created – a job it does very well but not what you need I think…

One warning though: Depending on the server setup it will probably choke using the plugin with 800 images at once (memory and runtime settings of php might forbid that the script is able to work through all images before a limit applies) – you might want to test it beforehand or only import a limited set of images at once (it depends on thumbnailing and size of images you import).

#98 2008-08-08 21:32:24

uli

aba wrote:

One warning though: Depending on the server setup it will probably choke using the plugin with 800 images at once

Yup!

But you can do that locally without problems and import the resulting database into the intended server’s one.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#99 2008-08-08 22:21:23

husainhk
Website

Thanks for this aba … I definitely will have a need to use this plugin sometime later during my project. But since I have to pick and choose images and thumbnails, for every article, plus attach multiple article images while uploading I find the lam_image_uploader ideal. If only I could upload a thumbnail alond with the image each time would really help.

Steve, what do you think? Can you possibly release an update with the thumbnailing on/off in the preferences? PlusIn addition, also have the option of uploading a thumbnail along with an image in the Write tab?

Thanks!

Last edited by husainhk (2008-08-08 22:27:47)

#100 2008-08-25 23:46:43

freischwimmen
Website

Hi everybody,
great plugin once again, and lots of improvement as i found out during my read through this topic.
Thanks for the time that went into this!

so, to adress my problem… the only thing i don`t get to work is to upload and assign multiple images to an article with this plugin,
everytime i upload an image in the _write tab it automatically gets assigned to the artice and overwrites previously assigned ones.
Lets say i uploaded image 01, and then want to go on with image 2 and append that one – i dont even get to the appending because once the second image is uploaded i get the new image id in the article image field, image id 01 is gone… any help?

#101 2008-09-01 01:02:49

freischwimmen
Website

Noone? I really don`t see why this plugin does not work for me but for everyone else.. tested it on bot MAC and PC, problem remains (see one post above). Thanks for any help.

#102 2008-09-01 11:11:52

uli

Currently there’s no plugin that can upload multiple images to the write tab. So, if you get what you’re experiencing at the moment, you have the plugin working. (Quite sure that it was never promised to upload multiple images.)

However, you can have multiple uploads to the image tab (fpx_image_import via ftp , ebl_upload via Flash) or assign multiple images on the write tab (jmd_img_selector, bas_img_selector). Maybe these can help you a little.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#103 2008-09-01 11:25:57

redbot
Plugin Author

freischwimmen wrote:

… i dont even get to the appending because once the second image is uploaded i get the new image id in the article image field, image id 01 is gone… any help?

Are you sure you went to extensions>image_uploader and set your options? The plugin should do what you want

uli
I think he’s referring to the ability of appending other images in the “article image” field, not to multi upload.

Last edited by redbot (2008-09-01 11:26:21)

#104 2008-09-01 11:35:38

uli

redbot wrote:

I think he’s referring to the ability of appending other images in the “article image” field, not to multi upload.

Yup. Plus I never realized you can append images. ;p
freischwimmen, if it’s not the prefs redbot mentioned, you can apply wet_plugout for testing for incompatibilities with other plugins.

#105 2008-10-29 20:56:01

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

Hey does it possible to add the option of:
‘Create Thumbnail’ with the Width, Height & Crop fields please?
+
and how can I remove the line of “Alternate text”?

#106 2008-11-21 06:34:36

damienbuckley
Website

This is an outstanding plugin – combined with rah_textile_bar we’ve gone most of the way to providing the functionality of the tinyMCE add-ons etc but without the bad code ; )

Incase anyone else is having the same issue – I was wondering why the thumbnails weren’t coming up for me on upload. I clicked into the images tab and created a thumbnail for one of my images and after this the thumbnails come up fine – I guess its relying on TXP to produce the thumbnails each time?

#107 2009-02-05 13:53:03

superfly
Plugin Author
Website

I made some modifications to the Iam_image_uploader Plugin and thought i share them here. Maybe anyone else needs it.

New Features:

- Set the Thumb/Picture Quality via Iam_image_uploader Admin Settings e.g. 100%

- Set the Size for the uploaded Article Picture in pixels e.g 300px

Use on your own risk ;-)

The uploaded Image should be croped to the right size set via the Admin Page and should keep the right Dimension. Your Thumbsnails should look sharper.

I use it on this customer page – www.tip-online.at

You can grab the files here:
lam_image_uploader_v0.6.1c.txt
lam_image_uploader_v0.6.1c_zip.txt

Oh, and i forgot. You need to reinstall the Plugin so the TXP pref table will be correctly updated for the new settings.

Last edited by superfly (2009-02-05 13:57:10)

<code>is</poetry>

#108 2009-05-15 16:43:16

progre55

Anyone:

Regarding this comment by iblastoff:

• as long as your images tab is set up to automatically generate a thumbnail on upload it should display it. (as all the plugin does is append a ‘t’ to the image name/id and display it. if it isn’t found then it probably means thumbnails aren’t being automatically generated? not sure)

How/Where do you set this option in TXP.

progre55

Last edited by progre55 (2009-05-15 16:43:32)

Board footer